RF connectivity questions for Valves/Relay

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
brio09

RF connectivity questions for Valves/Relay

Post by brio09 »

Hi!
I am super interested in replacing my existing "smart" heating system by buying Netatmo kit including valves. However, I am not able to understand the RF connectivity range / limitations. I had to give up on Tado because of its connectivity limitations but hoping Netatmo can work. I have read through the user manual available online of the netatmo system so some tech specs were not available there so was wondering if I could get inputs from the users here :-)

House Heating config:
1) I live in a 3 floors house where the boiler is located in a shed in the back garden.
2) the internet modem is a corner of the living room furthest away from the back garden shed, but I have wifi mesh network throughout the house.
3) I have total 11 radiators with 4 on ground floor, 6 on first floor, and 1 on second floor. water heating is also on first floor.
4) the boiler has 2 zones. 1) heating water 2) house heating.

Based on the manual, it seems:
a) I should install relay with the boiler in the back shed.
b) all valves and thermostat will connect via RF with relay.
c) relay will connect via wifi to internet.

My concern is (B) - will the RF from the back shed reach till second floor? or the front garden side of first floor? are there ways to increase RF range? or keep relay in middle of the house?

Return to “General questions”