How to mount the relè in a 503 wall box

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
cucca

How to mount the relè in a 503 wall box

Post by cucca »

Hello all,
I've just installed my Netatmo thermostat, replacing the old perry thermostat that was mount on a 503 wall box. Because my boil is too far from the wifi signal, I've installed Netatmo in the 503 wall box previously occupied by the Perry thermostat... my question is... is there a way to fix the Netatmo relè in the 503 box without diy?
thanx in advance
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: how to fix the relè in a 503 wall box

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,

A special adaptor is now available in our online shop to let you install the Thermostat on a Scatola 503 box very easily:
https://shop.netatmo.com/it-it/energy/a ... er-scatola

plaque_scatola_png.png
plaque_scatola_png.png (61.04 KiB) Viewed 2233 times

I hope it helps!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
cucca

Post by cucca »

your guide is for install the thermostat (the part that show the temperature) in the 503 box, but i would like to install the relè in the 503. My problem is that the relè don't have a plastic plate with the recessed for the power cord (the power cord have a custom plug)
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Indeed you're right, sorry for the misunderstanding!
However, the process would be almost the same if you wish to install the Relay on the scatola.
The 503 wall box has to be equiped with the adapted cover. Then, 2 holes have to be drilled to be able to mount the boiler adaptor of the Relay (or you can use the double-sided tape). Lastly, one big hole has to be drilled to allow the 4 wires to go into the wall box. The wires can be shortened, otherwise they will not fit inside the box.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
cucca

Post by cucca »

i thought to do as you described, i was wonder if there was an adapter cover that will fit for this use, but if there isn't i'll try to adapt the standard 503 cover and make a square hole for the alimentation/relè contacts socket, and fixing the relè with the double-sided tape!
I really appreciate your support, thanx a lot and have a good holiday!
alpesm

Post by alpesm »

I had the same problem, so i've buyed an 503EC cover from Btcino, then i designed and 3D-printed an adaptor to install the netatmo base on the thermostat.
Adaptor installed on cover (It's black because was the first try, then i printed in white)
Adaptor installed on cover (It's black because was the first try, then i printed in white)
cucca

Post by cucca »

alpesm wrote:I had the same problem, so i've buyed an 503EC cover from Btcino, then i designed and 3D-printed an adaptor to install the netatmo base on the thermostat.
The attachment IMG-20171119-WA0002.jpg is no longer available
good work! but I seems you're fixing the thermostat (the part with the display) to the 503 box right? I've fixed the relè... my result is not so good because I've had cut a 503 cover... this is a couple of photos:
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-04 at 21.03.50.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-04 at 21.03.33.jpeg
alpesm

Post by alpesm »

yeah, i've fixed the thermostat to the 503 box.
But instead of cutting the cover, why don't you make on the cover 3 hole (1 for the cables and 2 for the screw) and you dont fix the support of the relè directly on the cover?
cucca

Post by cucca »

alpesm wrote:yeah, i've fixed the thermostat to the 503 box.
But instead of cutting the cover, why don't you make on the cover 3 hole (1 for the cables and 2 for the screw) and you dont fix the support of the relè directly on the cover?
because I don't like the space that would be created in that case... I like that the relè stay perpendicular to the cover :)
alpesm

Post by alpesm »

Yeah in this way is more difficult because you need to fix in some way the base of the relais, otherwise it will be not perpendicular!
Try to fix the base of the relais on the back of the 503 cover!

Return to “General questions”