Help - need to connect new thermostat to exisitng relay

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
andyjohn3

Help - need to connect new thermostat to exisitng relay

Post by andyjohn3 » 09 Jan 2018, 23:06

Hello all - I am afraid that my current thermostat unit developed a fault where I was unable to alter the temperature on the wireless thermostat itself. I have received a replacement from Netatmo, but cannot connect it to myexisting relay. I'd prefer to keep the existing relay in place as I am keen to keep my usage data for the past 12 months.

Could someone tell me how I go about linking my new thermostat to the existing relay please? I have tried to simply replace the batteries, but the new thermostat did not exert any control over the existing relay and the website was claiming 'thermostat unavailable'.

Once I put batteries into my existing thermostat (the faulty one) all was good with the world again

Any advice gratefully accepted

Thanks a lot - Andy

m4rc072

Re: Help - need to connect new thermostat to exisitng relay

Post by m4rc072 » 01 Apr 2018, 00:22

I think you have to reset the relay, to do this, you must connect the relay to an electric socket, and wait until the diode flashes 5 times and then switch off.
Then press the Relay button for at least 15 seconds until the diode flashes 5 times faster than after connection.
Now you can repeat the initial process to add a new thermostat in your house.

at_pat

Re: Help - need to connect new thermostat to exisitng relay

Post by at_pat » 13 Apr 2018, 17:14

I was told recently by Netatmo that the relay and thermo is factory paired. I had a faulty thermostat and asked if I could have that replaced and was told I couldn't.

Return to “General questions”