Italian 2018 tax deductions

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
m4rc072

Italian 2018 tax deductions

Post by m4rc072 » 05 Feb 2018, 08:14

I'm looking for information on the possibility of deducting the thermostat and the Netatmo valves. Can someone here give me information?

oibaf

Re: Italian 2018 tax deductions

Post by oibaf » 13 Feb 2018, 11:16

I am also interested in this topic.
Netatmo should just provide a certification of the product, as specified here:
HTTP://efficienzaenergetica.acs.enea.it ... mation.pdf

Something like this:
Our products [thermostat...relè...valves], comply with the requirement of building automation for house heating and can:
a) show energy consumption through multimedial channels;
b) show functioning and temperature of the heating system;
c) enable turning on, off and weekly programming the heating system from remote.

(Sorry for my English :))

martin13

Post by martin13 » 13 Feb 2018, 11:48

+1

Ric75

Post by Ric75 » 19 Feb 2018, 14:11

In the last year I did a lot of researches on this topic and this is the tricky point I came up.
oibaf wrote: a) show energy consumption through multimedial channels;
The Netatmo system cannot show a real certified energy consumption data, like the energy counters installed in the buildings (linked to radiators or to the hot liquid input of the house, or to the boiler) because it doesn't know the heating power of all the radiators, the pressure/temperature drop of your system, but it only knows the temperature of the area near the radiator or near the thermostat.
In order to have certified figures (to be shown through multimedia channels) a thermotechnical analysis and installation (radiator size, material, hot liquid input /output temperature), to be done by a certified technician, is needed and of course more measures are needed from the Netatmo stuff (temperature of the radiator vs room, or temperature of hot liquid input and output from your flat) . That's why Netatmo cannot say in the certification that it is able to show energy consumption.
In other cases tax deduction should be possible when:
-50% (energy efficiency) tax deduction for netatmo stuff in the case you change the boiler too to a more efficient one
- In the case of house restructuring (so no need to change the boiler) you can change the valve or/and actuators(netatmo ones) and related thermostat and deduct them at 50% (following the restructuring rules of your town and paying with the restructuring money transfer).

oibaf

Post by oibaf » 19 Feb 2018, 14:16

Interesting, thanks.
However there is a new panel in the web app, "Check your consumptions", currently tagged with "Later availability". So it is in the work?

Ric75

Post by Ric75 » 19 Feb 2018, 15:21

The "check your consumption" tab name could be misleading. It reports the time your thermostat/valve was in heating mode the last month vs 2 months ago. This panel is enabled the month after you installed the thermostat (and 2 months later for the comparison with months before).
So it's not a real "energy consumption" report, but just an overall time report vs the months before of your home. (eg: you could have changed the radiator size, or the boiler liquid temperature, the external temperature, etc... increasing decreasing the energy comsumption without changing the heating time). There is a comparison with other "similar " home but it's just statistics and this evaluation has a lot of assumptions (some rightly applicable or wrongly depending on your use case).

oibaf

Post by oibaf » 19 Feb 2018, 15:24

Ah, thanks for the clarification! Indeed I installed my valves early January.

m4rc072

Post by m4rc072 » 19 Feb 2018, 21:17

Thank you Ric75 for you information, I also directly asked Enea for further information they replied that it must be a system that gives a daily or weekly report with numbers of actual consumption.

Return to “General questions”