Questions before buying

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
larsras

Questions before buying

Post by larsras » 25 Oct 2018, 16:05

Hi

Today I have Netatmo weather units in most of my rooms and outside + wind and rain detector.
I consider adding the Netatmo thermostats to all radiators in my house.
Can the thermostat system use my weather sensors in the rooms?
Can the thermostat system use the outside sensor temperature?
Does it have a geofencing system with automatic leave detection, as Tado?

stanikuz

Re: Questions before buying

Post by stanikuz » 26 Oct 2018, 23:29

Hi!
larsras wrote:Can the thermostat system use my weather sensors in the rooms?
Not, yet. I asked Netatmo about it recently. https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?p=63247#p63247
larsras wrote:Can the thermostat system use the outside sensor temperature?
Yes, it can use Netatmo outdoor module if Netatmo Weather Station and Netatmo Relay are in the same WiFi network. You can chose whether use outdoor module data or local forecast data in settings of the Netatmo Energy app.
larsras wrote:Does it have a geofencing system with automatic leave detection, as Tado?
Not. You should tap the special button in the main screen of Netatmo Energy app. I suppose this is because the system cannot be sure that nobody in home if you just leaving. However the Netatmo Security ecosystem knows that you are leave your home exactly by the way as you supposed. But you cannot use it together Netatmo Energy ecosystem, yet.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 2x Weather Stations + 6x Indoor Modules + 2x Rain + 2x Wind Gauges + 1x Home Coach
Security: 2x Welcome + 2x Presence Cameras + 3x Smoke Alarms + 3x Door/Window Sensors
Energy: 4x Smart Valves with Relay + 1x Thermostat with Relay

Return to “General questions”