Thermostat and Smart Radiator Valve

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
yamane

Thermostat and Smart Radiator Valve

Post by yamane » 01 Nov 2018, 11:33

Hi, I have some questions before buy the Thermostat and the Smart Radiator Valves.

1) The smart radiator valves works only with thermostatic valves and not MANUAL Valves.
So, I need switch all manual valves to thermostatic valves before add the "Smart Valves", right?

2) The smart radiator valves works independently of the thermostat?
Example: If I set in this way:
- Thermostat (placed in the TV room): 21°C;
- Smart Valve (placed in the bathroom): 23°C;

What will happens if the air temperature is 22°C in both places (TV room and bathroom)?
The smart valve will start the boiler automatically OR it works only when the smart valve is set to a temperature LOWER than the thermostat?

Thank you in advance,
Renato

achlouve

Re: Thermostat and Smart Radiator Valve

Post by achlouve » 02 Nov 2018, 10:14

Hi,

1) Correct. You need to replace your regular valve with the smart one.

2)Yes the valve will work independently. Please make sure in your Operating Mode that you have "Comfort Priority" to make sure that the valve can trigger the boiler if needed. Otherwise you can select "Eco Priority" but in this mode the valve will not be able to trigger the boiler; only the thermostat will.

Under "Comfort Priority" if the bathroom temperature is at 22C, the valve will trigger the boiler until it reaches the set temperature which is 23C. Under "Eco Priority" nothing will happen as the thermostat is set at a lower temperature than the current one.

Hopefully this helps.

Best,
A

Poncherelo

Post by Poncherelo » 02 Nov 2018, 10:18

Hello Yamane ,
1) The smart radiator valves works only with thermostatic valves and not MANUAL Valves.
So, I need switch all manual valves to thermostatic valves before add the "Smart Valves", right?
You need this valve

2) The smart radiator valves works independently of the thermostat?
Example: If I set in this way:
- Thermostat (placed in the TV room): 21°C;
- Smart Valve (placed in the bathroom): 23°C;
I made this configuration in my house

I have 2 smart valves in the living room and 1 in the bathroom
on mode "Comfort Priority" ,I programmed that at 6am the bathroom heats to 22.5° and my living room heats to 19°.
the living room valves do not open if the temperature is lower than the set temperature
then during the day the temperature must be 17° and the living room has 20°, in this case only the valves of the living room open

you need valves in the living room to prevent your living room from heating up if the bathroom temperature is not reached
with this configuration you can therefore have a different room temperature from each other (only if you have smart valves)
Energie:
  • Relais: g0c480a V203
  • Thermostat : j0c4052 V71
  • 6 Vanne : o0039c2 , o009e55 , o00a2cf , o018dec , o040bfb , o0413a7 V78
Sécurité
  • Detecteur de fumé : V108

yamane

Post by yamane » 02 Nov 2018, 12:07

Poncherelo wrote:
I made this configuration in my house

I have 2 smart valves in the living room and 1 in the bathroom
on mode "Comfort Priority", I programmed that at 6am the bathroom heats to 22.5° and my living room heats to 19°.
the living room valves do not open if the temperature is lower than the set temperature
then during the day the temperature must be 17° and the living room has 20°, in this case only the valves of the living room open

you need valves in the living room to prevent your living room from heating up if the bathroom temperature is not reached
with this configuration you can therefore have a different room temperature from each other (only if you have smart valves)
Thank you achlouve and Poncherelo!!

@Poncherelo, as do you have two valves in the living room and I believe the thermostat is in the same place, how did you set the temperature in the thermostat?

E.g.:
- Thermostat in the living room: xx°C
- Valve "01" in the living room: 20°C
- Valve "02" in the living room: 20°C

Or is possible set the Thermostat to disconsider the own temperature sensor and consider only the sensor of each valve?

Sorry for this stupid question, but I would like to know better the device before buy each :)

Thank you and have a good day!

Poncherelo

Post by Poncherelo » 02 Nov 2018, 15:32

yes the thermostat and the 2 smart valves are in the living room,
since the application the 2 valves and the thermostat only make one adjustment , because it is 1 room (the living room)
it seems to me that the average of this temperature room is made by the sensors of the valves and thermostat, but I'm not sure.

see the screenshot

you can set the room temperature only.
if you want to have a different setting by radiator, you will have to create a virtual room from the application with valve N° 1 and give it a temperature then a 2nd room (virtual) with thermostat and valve N°2
you will have to connect the valve with your thermostat because if your thermostat asks for heating and in the same room your valves ask for a different temperature your thermostat will still work without heating.
(or you need a simple thermostatic valves)

For exemple :

there is a demo version of the application
https://my.netatmo.com/app/energy?demomode=true
Energie:
  • Relais: g0c480a V203
  • Thermostat : j0c4052 V71
  • 6 Vanne : o0039c2 , o009e55 , o00a2cf , o018dec , o040bfb , o0413a7 V78
Sécurité
  • Detecteur de fumé : V108

yamane

Post by yamane » 06 Nov 2018, 08:34

Thank you so much, Poncherelo!

Julio

Post by Julio » 17 Nov 2018, 16:01

hello, I can not find the exact answer. Hello, I am informing you about your products. I will install a heat pump, I wish to equip the water radiators with your thermostatic valves. My question: if I want a temperature in a room higher than that of the thermostat, with comfort priority, the valve asks the thermostat to start the boiler; but the room where the thermostat is located heats too? Ex: bathroom lock 21 °, thermostat in the living room 19 °, the bathroom asks the thermostat to heat, the stay will it heat too? Thanking you Have a good day Julio

Return to “General questions”