Boiler ignition timing

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Aironide

Boiler ignition timing

Post by Aironide » 13 Nov 2018, 23:08

Hello,
where can I find boiler ignition times? There a a lot of graphics, web pages and so on, but I don't know how long the boiler has really been on, since the beginning of the cold season or in a certain period of days.
Can you help me?

basil

Re: Boiler ignition timing

Post by basil » 15 Nov 2018, 10:42

Hi, Good idea.
There is a graph showing the % total time the boiler has been on over a period of time, but it's difficult to workout that time period (seems to be about 45-50 minutes) also, it would be great to look at that period and know that 75% boiler on time = (for example) 1 ignition or 20 ignitions. This would help to optimise boiler cycle times etc.

pebbleridge13

Post by pebbleridge13 » 17 Nov 2018, 19:21

basil wrote:Hi, Good idea.
There is a graph showing the % total time the boiler has been on over a period of time, but it's difficult to workout that time period (seems to be about 45-50 minutes) also, it would be great to look at that period and know that 75% boiler on time = (for example) 1 ignition or 20 ignitions. This would help to optimise boiler cycle times etc.
Hi Basil,

I can help with part of your question, The Time Period is an Hour so 75% is 45 Minutes.

I agree with you that the number of Boiler Cycles might be useful, what have you got the minimum on time set to on yours.

I am very pleased with the control accuracy of my Thermostat, since it "learned" what to do, it seems to be controlling extremely close to set point with no hunting.

Regards,

Paul

pebbleridge13

Post by pebbleridge13 » 17 Nov 2018, 19:26

Aironide wrote:Hello,
where can I find boiler ignition times? There a a lot of graphics, web pages and so on, but I don't know how long the boiler has really been on, since the beginning of the cold season or in a certain period of days.
Can you help me?
Hi Aironide,

On my main screen (P.C.) I have a box in the bottom left called "Track your Consumption" If you click anywhere in the box it takes you to your Energy Savings report, giving you this month and last month's Heating hours (which I believe is the boiler firing time.

Regards,

Paul

pawelf1

Post by pawelf1 » 19 Nov 2018, 12:20

yes but there should be some simple way to find just how long boiler is working everyday. When i go to main page of my thermostat i just want to know today 6h yestarday 5,5h. Now i would have to pick a month stats page and count what is 25% of 24 hours ;-)

Return to “General questions”