How to replace a defective relay/thermostat?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
fmarzocca

How to replace a defective relay/thermostat?

Post by fmarzocca » 15 Nov 2018, 21:25

Hi,

I have bought a new relay/thermostat as I need to send mine to repair. How do I replace the new devices into my account my.netatmo.com? I can't see any function for this nor to remove existing relay.

Fabio

pawelf1

Re: How to replace a defective relay/thermostat?

Post by pawelf1 » 19 Nov 2018, 13:20

you go into manage my home and there is a "this room is handled by relay" and there are 3 dots, click and delete

fmarzocca

Post by fmarzocca » 19 Nov 2018, 14:03

Hi,

thank you for answering, but I looked everywhere and can't find "this room is handled by relay" into home management....

fmarzocca

Post by fmarzocca » 19 Nov 2018, 14:12

Thanks, found!

fmarzocca

Post by fmarzocca » 22 Nov 2018, 19:28

Can I just replace the thermostat, without changing the relay? Just unplug the old one e plug in the new?

fmarzocca

Post by fmarzocca » 25 Nov 2018, 12:09

pawelf1 wrote:you go into manage my home and there is a "this room is handled by relay" and there are 3 dots, click and delete
Hi pawelf1,

but deleting the relay (to install a new one) will also delete all settings/programming data?

I would like to keep them.

phit03

Post by phit03 » 23 Dec 2018, 14:02

Hi,

Did you find a way to replace the thermostat/relay without losing all your settings?

I have the same problem with a mechanically broken thermostat.
I can change the temperature via the app but not from the thermostat itself as the rocker mechanism is broken.

I bought a new thermostat kit with relay and thermostat.
At first I just intended to use the new thermostat and pair it with the existing relay.
However, the thermostat appears to be paired to the relay so I couldn't just replace the thermostat and use it with the existing relay.

So I replaced the thermostat and relay with a new one and created a new room. This kept all my settings and appears to be working OK.

However, I still have the old thermostat showing in the app as well as the new one.
I can't remove it from the app as I can't see anyway to remove it from the room and I can't remove the room as it's not empty!

I thought that I might use the old thermostat/relay to regulate the boiler firing based on the temperature in a different room.
I have the old relay plugged in and connected to wi-fi and the old thermostat working standalone.
I can use the app to change it's temperature setting but it can't act on the change as it's not wired into the boiler.

A suggestion for a software change in the app to allow for slave thermostats that are "bridged" to the master to allow the master to fire the boiler?
How does this work with the radiator valves?

Enough of my ramblings, anyone any idea how I can remove the old thermostat from the app?

Also' I've noticed that the 2 thermost/relay combinations have different firmware levels with the new one having a much lower version number (new 65, old 174).

Return to “General questions”