Feature Request: Don't let the valve open with less than X% battery

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
PorreKaj

Feature Request: Don't let the valve open with less than X% battery

Post by PorreKaj »

Twice the last two months it has happened to me that a valve has opened and then immediately run out of power.
Both times I missed the notification from the app, (they drowned out between the other notifications), and the result is of course very high temperature in the affected rooms.

A feature that does not allow the valve to open unless it has enough juice to close would be nice.
Or maybe the option to get multiple alerts at defined battery levels as well.

It would be absolutely devastating if it happened in the beginning of a vacation.
Janco59

Re: Feature Request: Don't let the valve open with less than X% battery

Post by Janco59 »

I totally support this. It doesn't make sense to fully open the valve with low battery. I'm often away for a couple of weeks and don't want a room to be at 27 degrees for weeks.
The batteries unfortunately drain very fast and I only get a warning for "battery empty", not for "battery low" (by the way: is it possible to configure the warnings?).
PorreKaj

Post by PorreKaj »

Just happened today again, I began checking batteries weekly, and replacing anyone at 50%. Total waste and totally negates what one could save using smart heating schedules. but no. still cheaper than having a radiator fail over the weekend.

One of my valves "crashed" today. the thermostat worked - I could adjust it manually or via the app. The app reported no issues, and reported not heating. but the valve was fully open and the room was 10 degrees hotter than what the valve reported.

looking forward to finding a product that actually does error handling
PorreKaj

Post by PorreKaj »

And boy does the valves not like rechargable batteries.
Just threw in 2 brand new, fully charged 2500mah Duracels. and of course the valve reports them half depleted.
PorreKaj

Post by PorreKaj »

Please rename the products to "Blastfurnace timebombs".

Return to “General questions”