Netatmo and fireplace problems

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
JakobAndersenDK

Re: Netatmo and fireplace problems

Post by JakobAndersenDK »

I see the same problem in my livingroom. There are three radiators equipped with Netatmo valves, all configured to be in the same room. I also have a fireplace, and I see exactly the same issue, that the valves do not register the temperature rise caused by the fireplace, and thus starts to heat up the radiators anyway. The True Temperature function is useless for this, as that would have the opposite effect at other times.

I also have a Netatmo weather station, with the indoor module in the same room. What I would REALLY like, was a possibility to connect the two. Meaning that the valves would use the INDOOR temperature measured by the weather station as a reference instead of a simple offset like the true temperature. This would also work well when the sun comes around and heat up the room through my relatively large windows. It is already possible to use the OUTDOOR data from the weather station for prediction, so why not?
Meky

Post by Meky »

Great to hear there is some one with the same issues. Have tried to reach Netatmos support?
JakobAndersenDK

Post by JakobAndersenDK »

Meky wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 20:34 Great to hear there is some one with the same issues. Have tried to reach Netatmos support?
No, I haven't tried their support. I have not been using the system that long. Besides, I don't see any way to combat this, the way the whole thing is programmed and with the options available. I have seen mentioning in other places as well that they do not work very well with alternative heat sources in the room.

I will also say, that apart from this I am quite happy with the Netatmo valves and the system. When left alone it gives me a quite stable temperature in the room.
kozmix

Post by kozmix »

It does work perfectly when my living room heats up due to my large windows, but this is probably slower than with a fireplace.
Weather Station v3 + Additional Indoor Module + Rain Gauge
Thermostat + 4 valves

Return to “General questions”