Two relays and more valves - problem with heating

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
S474N

Re: Two relays and more valves - problem with heating

Post by S474N »

How can I escalate this to Neatmo employees? This is very important thing!
Weather Station v3 & 2x Additional Indoor Module
Rain Gauge
Wind Gauge
Thermostat with relay & Relay without relay :) & 9x Valve
jiriik

Post by jiriik »

Hi guys, it's still bit old thread but it looks that it's still not been resolved.
I have same issues as described here - big house, one boiler with thermostat relay. I've installed my valves on all radiators and on one of them I have too weak signal that it's sometimes not reachable.
So.. I bought another relay which I added to my home setup and added non-reachable valve to it but this valve instantly lost a feature to initiate the boiler heating.
This looks like a really software feature. Why all items (relays, valves, thermostats) added to one single home cannot interact between each other? Especially relays among each other.
mikebem

Post by mikebem »

same here, i love netatmo products and have been a client (weather in 4 homes, security, inside and outside, sirens and smoke detectors in 3 homes, energy in now one large house) and am fascinated by the opportunity these products bring and overwhelmed by how it's often completely missed... is there a beta feature or do i need an external solution to read from valves connected to relay 1 to tell the thermostat to fire up the gas boiler attached to relay 2?
-
Weather station (3x) additional indoor module (2x), wind sensor (2x), rain sensor (1x)
Welcome (6x), door sensors (6x), siren (2x), smoke sensor (3x)
Presence (3x)
Thermostat (1x), valves (5x)
barat

Post by barat »

I saw some addons to Home Assistant on Github which will allow you to trigger a boiler via something external (another relay for example).
Unfortunately it'll require "Home Assistant" installation somewhere - on a NAS or Raspberry Pi + some tweaking.

Return to “General questions”