Boiler turning on while no heating demand

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
kozmix

Boiler turning on while no heating demand

Post by kozmix » 28 Nov 2019, 17:09

I started noticing weird behavior since I have installed valves (I used to only have the Thermostat before). Sometimes the heating goes on, while neither the thermostat nor any of the valves request heating. As you can see in the screenshot, the app says that the boiler is on as requested by a valve (and my central heating is indeed activated at that time). A few minutes later, the heater is stopped again. Less than a minute after that, the heating starts again and that time at least one of the valves open. Has anyone experienced something similar?
IMG_2243.PNG
IMG_2243.PNG (180.65 KiB) Viewed 189 times
Weather Station v3 + Additional Indoor Module + Rain Gauge
Thermostat + 4 valves

GEORGzer

Re: Boiler turning on while no heating demand

Post by GEORGzer » 28 Nov 2019, 19:14

If you have "heating prediction - auto-adapt" activated, the system starts heating even sooner to "prevent" the temperature dropping below the set point.
Home:
Weather Station (3rd Generation + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)
2 Valves + Relais (Starter Pack), 5 additional Valves

Office:
Thermostat + Relais (2nd Generation)
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

kozmix

Post by kozmix » 29 Nov 2019, 13:51

GEORGzer wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 19:14
If you have "heating prediction - auto-adapt" activated, the system starts heating even sooner to "prevent" the temperature dropping below the set point.
Correct, I do have heating prediction activated, but in that case you can see in the app for which room predictive heating is active. In my case, none of the valves are opened (I just did a round around the house just in case the app wouldn't show it correctly), yet the thermostat (and app screenshot) suggest that the boiler is on per valve request. After a few minutes the heater stops again.
Thermostat + 4 valves

davetherave

Post by davetherave » 30 Nov 2019, 20:13

I had this when I first installed a valve and I set it to comfort mode. I had to set it back to ECO and leave it overnight for the firmware to update. Once the firmware updated, comfort mode worked fine.

kozmix

Post by kozmix » 01 Dec 2019, 13:51

davetherave wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 20:13
I had this when I first installed a valve and I set it to comfort mode. I had to set it back to ECO and leave it overnight for the firmware to update. Once the firmware updated, comfort mode worked fine.
Interesting. Mine are all at the latest version already, although I started seeing a variety of issues and interruptions since I've installed the 4th valve a week after installing the initial 3.
Thermostat + 4 valves

Return to “General questions”