use Thermostat and Valves separately

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
davidjezek

use Thermostat and Valves separately

Post by davidjezek » 10 Jan 2020, 19:20

Hello, Sorry for my bad English.
I have thermostat and three valves at home. With valves I control two rooms in second floor. And with thermostat control pump for floor heating at first floor. Now the question. When thermostat reached my temperature. Can valves heating others room on set temperature without over heating first floor? My valves still updating firmware so I can’t switch to comfort mode. Thanks.
Last edited by GEORGzer on 11 Jan 2020, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic title changed

GEORGzer

Re: Thermostat and Valves

Post by GEORGzer » 10 Jan 2020, 19:42

"Comfort mode" means that valves will be able to "request heat from the boiler". Meaning that if the Thermostat controls the boiler, it will switch the boiler on.
But in your case (if I understand correctly) your Thermostat controls a zone and not a boiler. Therefore "comfort mode" isn't suited. You have to tread the Thermostat like another valve.

Question is what exactly controls your boiler at the moment or is it an external heating source (district heating)?
Home:
Weather Station (3rd Generation + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)
2 Valves + Relais (Starter Pack), 5 additional Valves

Office:
Thermostat + Relais (2nd Generation)
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

davidjezek

Post by davidjezek » 10 Jan 2020, 19:58

We have electric boiler. But on boil we control temperature according to outdoor temperature which circulate into pipe. So yes I need use thermostat like other valves. How can i do it?

davidjezek

Post by davidjezek » 10 Jan 2020, 23:21

And i have one more question. Can I create heating plan for each room separately? When I create new planning it is for all room.

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 10 Jan 2020, 23:31

Here is the deal, you actually can't use either of the two modes really because both rely on the thermostat controlling the main heat source.
ECO priority (default) : In this mode, rooms equipped with Valves cannot be heated to a temperature higher than set by the Thermostat, even when required by the heating schedule (unless the Manual Boost is used from the Valve or from the Netatmo Energy app). The Valves are only used to limit the temperature, just like traditional thermostatic radiator valves.
COMFORT priority : When required by the heating schedule, rooms equipped with Valves can be heated to a temperature higher than set by the Thermostat. This means they can tell the Thermostat to turn on the heating if needed.

But what you can do is create a separate "home" either in the app or the web interface and "move" the Thermostat there.
You will need to set a second schedule for this home/Thermostat, but this way the Thermostat will operate completely independent from the valves.

There can only be once schedule per home, creating different schedules for each room is not possible.
Home:
Weather Station (3rd Generation + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)

Office:
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

davidjezek

Post by davidjezek » 10 Jan 2020, 23:39

Thanks you. I will try create two home.

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 10 Jan 2020, 23:41

Homes can be created during the set-up process.
Home:

Office:
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

davidjezek

Post by davidjezek » 10 Jan 2020, 23:50

And I want thermostat operate completely independ for the valves. But I don’t see create new home only room. I have only one control unit/rele.

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 11 Jan 2020, 10:27

You have to remove the Thermostat from your account and set it up again. During the set-up process you can choose to either add it to your current home or create a new one.
After that you can switch between homes by tapping the home-name on the top of the app. There will also be a little arrow to indicate that there are more than one homes available to choose from.

2448BA15-9D71-4700-8554-32EF9B735246.jpeg
2448BA15-9D71-4700-8554-32EF9B735246.jpeg (46.47 KiB) Viewed 349 times
Home:

Office:
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

davidjezek

Post by davidjezek » 11 Jan 2020, 10:53

And this will be work with one relai?

Return to “General questions”