Minimal heating time?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Glowtape

Re: Minimal heating time?

Post by Glowtape » 21 Jan 2020, 12:45

It would be interesting to be able to set the cycle time, too. Currently it appears to be 10 minutes. I have the minimal time set to 3 minutes. So it'll heat when it can at least 3 minutes, every 10 minutes. It would be interesting to be able to extend it to 15 minutes.

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 21 Jan 2020, 13:44

Is that behaviour really relying on settings?

I mean your system heats at least 3 minutes until the set temperature is reached. Then it waits until the temperature has dropped enough for another 3min heating period to reach that set point again.
But the time it takes for the temperature to drop is not something you set, it depends on your location (exposure, isolation, number of windows and so on).
Home:
Weather Station (3rd Generation + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)
2 Valves + Relais (Starter Pack), 5 additional Valves

Office:
Thermostat + Relais (2nd Generation)
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

Glowtape

Post by Glowtape » 22 Jan 2020, 12:14

This is an old house. In periods with lots of need of heating, it cycles in 10 minute periods. Always in that, so to me it looks like that period is fixed. If the PID controller thinks the apartment needs a 50% duty cycle to maintain temperature, it goes for 5 minutes every 10 minutes. I'd like to be able to tune the period, to turn down boiler activations.

Return to “General questions”