Heating prediction after long period of inactivity

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
GeoMarkB

Heating prediction after long period of inactivity

Post by GeoMarkB » 02 Oct 2020, 11:57

Hello Netatmo forum people!

My thermostat has been off for the whole summer, now the temperature is starting to go down I've turned it back on and it seems to have forgotten all the heating parameters it learned over the past couple of years and overshoots the desired temperature massively. I haven't changed the location and all the settings are correct - heating prediction is set to advanced, minimum boiler time is 3 minutes etc.

Here's the graph for this morning, 1.5C overshoot!
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (57.35 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to just wait a few weeks for it to retrain or should I reset everything assuming that something more fundamental is wrong?

Thanks!
Mark

Airmaxchen

Re: Heating prediction after long period of inactivity

Post by Airmaxchen » 03 Oct 2020, 08:39

Same here.
Since I restarted it after summer it overshoots (a lot). I hope it learns the parameters for the prediction again very soon. It used to work so well.

Airmaxchen

Post by Airmaxchen » 15 Oct 2020, 12:43

Is there a solution for this? Do you still have the problem?
In my case it reaches the chosen temperature at exactly the right time but it overshoots ober 0,7C every time.

GeoMarkB

Post by GeoMarkB » 15 Oct 2020, 13:07

I do still have the problem, although my heating has been on intermittently over the past few weeks as the outside temperature hasn't been really low. I'm going to keep waiting for it to recalibrate, I think the only other option is factory resetting everything and waiting another two weeks for the heating prediction to learn from scratch.

Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino » 17 Oct 2020, 12:38

yes the same here. every year I have to recalibrate all the valves

Return to “General questions”