High battery consumption

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
fmarzocca

High battery consumption

Post by fmarzocca »

After 2 years of normal operations, now the batteries into my thermostat do not last more then 1 week! I am always changing batteries due to an high consumption. What can I do?
at_pat

Re: High battery consumption

Post by at_pat »

I've noticed a similar thing where the thermostat will show a low battery indicator, the app "cannot reach the relay". I have changed using quality batteries and similar issue after a week or so. Only started happening recently after 3 or 4 years of no issues.
fmarzocca

Post by fmarzocca »

My device was determined as broken by NetAtmo.
at_pat

Post by at_pat »

Broken?
fmarzocca

Post by fmarzocca »

Yes, unserviceable. 3 batteries every 5 days. It has been replaced by Netatmo.
at_pat

Post by at_pat »

Even out of warranty?
568ml

Post by 568ml »

I'm having a similar problem with one of my valves — a set of (new) batteries lasts for about a week. Yesterday I removed the batteries and just put the same ones in again, the valve has been working fine for 24 hours. There is currently no low battery warning. I will see how long this lasts.
568ml

Post by 568ml »

A quick update, the valve I described in my post above is still functioning on the same set of batteries (the ones that were supposedly empty, but which I removed and then re-inserted). There's now a 'low battery' warning for that valve (I did not get a notification for this, I had to check in the app).
florin80

Post by florin80 »

I have the same problem with the battery consumption. I need to change them at every 5-7 days.
I opened a ticket to netatmo, and it been more than 3 weeks and no answer from them. How long should i wait for an answer?
This is the second thermostat with a problem. The first one had an issue with the display. Both of them manifest a problem in less of 2 years, so apparently they are not reliable.
fmarzocca

Post by fmarzocca »

florin80 wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 07:35 I have the same problem with the battery consumption. I need to change them at every 5-7 days.
I opened a ticket to netatmo, and it been more than 3 weeks and no answer from them. How long should i wait for an answer?
This is the second thermostat with a problem. The first one had an issue with the display. Both of them manifest a problem in less of 2 years, so apparently they are not reliable.
My story is similar to yours: first thermostat with a display problem (replaced after 2 years) and now this one with the battery consumption, replaced again after 2 years. It looks like the thermostat operating life is only 2 years! I hope the now one has been modified to last more than the others. This is last chance I give them (3 thermostats in 4 years), if it brakes too, I will change brand.

Return to “General questions”