Thermostat and 2 valves in the same room

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
AlfonsoVT

Thermostat and 2 valves in the same room

Post by AlfonsoVT »

Good evening, my name is Alfonso.

A few weeks ago I purchased and installed a NETATMO system for my home. With the following configuration:

Dining room: 1 Thermostat and 2 valves
Bedroom 1: 1 valve
Bedroom 2: 1 valve
Kitchen: 1 valve
Office: 1 valve
Hall: 1 valve

In the App, at the beginning, it had been stated that the thermostat was in the HOUSE “room” and the 2 valves of the DINING ROOM were in the DINING “room”, therefore, in the APP the temperature of the thermostat appeared separated from the temperature of the valves.

Today I have modified the "room" of the thermostat and I have included it in the "room" DINING. And now in the APP I see a single temperature indicator (the square) in the DINING ROOM. DINING VALVE (round) gauges no longer appear.

My question is if it is better to have the thermostat in the same “room” as the DINING ROOM valves or do I separate it again as I had it before?

Thank you.
Attachments
Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG (30.92 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
Last edited by AlfonsoVT on 28 Jan 2021, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
ScratMan

Re: Thermostat and 2 valves in the same room

Post by ScratMan »

It should be better to have all the dining room valves and thermostat in the same room. The thermostat being far from the heat source, unlike the valves, its temperature is more accurate. So if they all 3 are in the same room, the thermostat will control the temperature and the valves will align on its measurement.
AlfonsoVT

Post by AlfonsoVT »

ScratMan wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 08:18 It should be better to have all the dining room valves and thermostat in the same room. The thermostat being far from the heat source, unlike the valves, its temperature is more accurate. So if they all 3 are in the same room, the thermostat will control the temperature and the valves will align on its measurement.
Thanks ScratMan, you have it like this? or is it intuition?
ScratMan

Post by ScratMan »

It's by correlation of infos from FAQ, manuals, and forums.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
Just keep it simple: create one virtual room in the app for each real room and place each products according to where they really are. The application will then automatically handle everything efficiently.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
nethome

Post by nethome »

Hi,
Let me join the topic.
I have a similar thermostat setup with several heads however when changing the temperature on the thermostat the temperature on the heads display changes but the heads do not close or open.

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19689
nethome

Post by nethome »

Hi Alfonso,
Tell me, do you have working heads in room "Comedor" ?
Do they close and open ?

Return to “General questions”