Unexpected heating

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Dammie

Unexpected heating

Post by Dammie »

Hi!

I tried to contact the helpdesk but there is no reaction last week.

At the moment i have to valves in my livingroom with thermostat and 21 degrees setting. Both valves are heating the radiator unexpected even when 21,5 or higher is reached. It never gets higher then 22. Other smart valves are working pefect and old valves are all closed.

Any idea why this valves are heating my radiators allthough the temperature is high enough?!

Tia!
Dammie

Re: Unexpected heating

Post by Dammie »

After changing the setup the radiator stop heating.

I "disconnected" the two valves and the thermostat in de living room and moved the to an other "room". Now the thermostat and the valves are separated from each other in the app and that solves the problem of heating the radiators two radiators.

So, why is the combination of the two valves and the thermostat the problem?
Dammie

Post by Dammie »

Update 2:

It looks like the thermostat from netatmo is always on, even when the temperature is ok.

In the room one radiator with nog smart valve from netatmo is always opened now.

So its seems the thermostat is the problem because the two valves from Netatmo are doing the job now they are disconnected from the thermostat.

I allready changed polarity but still unexpected heating which i cant see in the app.

Any idea whats wrong with the thermostat and how to fix this ?!

TIA
davidbrok1

Post by davidbrok1 »

I installed it several months ago and it has been working perfectly ever since. Yesterday I came home from work and adjusted the temperature. After a few minutes, I realized that the fan still had not come on. So I turned on the fan manually, but no heat was blowing from the vents, and the temperature stayed the same. I checked the wires and I didn't see any issues with the wiring.

I am connected to Y1=cool, W1 = heat, G = fan, and Rc = power. I do not have a common wire. Prior to this, I did not have any heating issues at all. The furnace did not struggle to provide heat even during the polar vortex a few weeks ago. I also checked the air filter and the breaker panel and they are both good. Does anyone know what the issue may be? Is this an issue with the furnace or the thermostat?

Return to “General questions”