Is that really so? No way to skip or ignore boiler?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
BjarneBob

Is that really so? No way to skip or ignore boiler?

Post by BjarneBob »

Is it really not possible to use a Smart Thermostat without having a boiler on/off??

What I mean then as in letting Smart Thermostat control for example two radiator valves in one room based on the temperature itself measures? And regulate the valves themselves in the same way as its done with district heating?

It does not seem like this is possible as the thermostat does not send a closing signal to the valves but only a signal to the boiler to switch off?

Why struggle with these kind of thoughts?

Because I have two rooms with two radiators each where the radiators are partially hidden / built-in ... so a temperature measurement on the valves themselves becomes very inaccurate in relation to the room temperature

It seems to me that Netatmo has a reasonably ingenious product until someone (who to me is obvious) wants to combine district heating with a room thermostat?

Can't Netatmo just enter a heating option in Smart Thermostat called eg "District heating" then folks? So it does not relate to anything on / off for boiler at all ???

Please correct me if I'm completely stupid here now......

Return to “General questions”