Low priority rooms

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Ginopil

Low priority rooms

Post by Ginopil »

HI,
It's a sort of feature request but not sure if there is a workaround in the meantime. I see there is a topic about setting Comfort and Priority by valve, rather than by thermostat, but I have the impression this is slightly different.
Context: a combination of rooms, each room with its own valves, where you have both high priority rooms and low priority rooms, based on time of the day. Example: floor with 2 beds and 1 office, office is low priority at nighttime and high priority during other times of the day.
Problem: Right now the threshold is set at the thermostat level but I'd like to avoid getting the boiler switched on when a minor variation occurs in a room that is low priority to me. That's primarily to avoid noise and consumption. Fair enough, over time you may step by step refine the schedule, but there may be one-off reasons why temp may go down a bit - not enough to trigger the open windows detection logic - so modifying the schedule is not a resolution and especially at nighttime, you don't want to play with apps.
Example: "Night", office and bedrooms are both set to 18 degrees, I really want to have the bedroom at 18 degrees, not much of tolerance for lower temperatures, but if occasionally office goes down to, say, 17 degrees, don't trigger the boiler at 0200: warm it up once the bedrooms have triggered the boiler. If it really goes down a lot, apply the open window detection feature*.
Am I missing something or overcomplicating?
I think there are a few potential features that can theoretically support that, maybe the easiest feature (request) would be a set a sort of tolerance setting applied against the target temp, for each valve and by set of temperature? Something based on temp/min heating time? E.g.:
Comfort: Office (0°); Bedroom (-1°)
Night: Office (- 1°); Bedroom (0°)

- and notify me. This is missing too?

Return to “General questions”