Problem with thermostat and heads.

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
nethome

Problem with thermostat and heads.

Post by nethome »

Hi,
I have a question Netatmo experts.
I have 4 thermostats in my house.
One thermostat (Salon) controls the gas furnace, there are no heads connected.
I wanted to make zones out of the others.
Room 1 (Garaz)
Room 2 (Podworko)
Room 3 (Wejscie)
and control the temperature with a physical thermostat (LCD box) not an application.
For test I have 3 heads connected in one thermostat (Wejscie) but it doesn't work.
With increasing temperature on the thermostat LCD, the thermostatic heads open, but when the temperature is lowered, the thermostatic heads do not close.
The temperature set on the thermostat (wejscie) synchronizes with the heads.
Firmware on heads 85
firmware on relay 222

Will such an arrangement of devices work?

I ask you for help

Greetings
Seba
netatmo_home.jpg
netatmo_home.jpg (18.06 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
Last edited by nethome on 11 Mar 2021, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
nethome

Re: Problem with thermostat and heads.

Post by nethome »

Why do the heads not respond to temperature changes on the thermostat (Wejscie) do not close or open?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

My guess is that this has to do with what „mode“ you use, comfort or priority.
The system wasn‘t really designed for multiple Thermostats. I think to achieve what you need, you will have to move the Thermostat with the Valves into a separate „home“ in the app. Which means you will need to create a second schedule for it.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
nethome

Post by nethome »

I just created a second home (Pietro) with only one thermostat but that doesn't work either.
I have a standard temperature schedule.
ECO mode.
I manually lower the temperature on the thermostat to 10 degrees and the heads do not move and the same when I increase the temperature.

I don't know what the issue is anymore.
When the heads are disconnected from the thermostat and are in virtual rooms they work.
netatmo.jpg
netatmo.jpg (16.93 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
nethome

Post by nethome »

I switched to comfort mode and will test :-)
nethome

Post by nethome »

When the thermostat and the heads are in one room and the comfort mode is set, it does not work either.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Ok I believe I know what the issue is:

Normally the boiler would be connected to the Thermostat hosting the Valves. If you lower the set-point under the current temperature (or the set temperature got reached) the Thermostat switches off the boiler, meaning the water would no longer get any hotter but actually cool down.
And the valves stay open so the water can still circulate while cooling down, preventing any overheating issues in the boiler.

You would need stand-alone Valves (the Valve-Starter-Pack) for that. The Relais that comes with that set is not able to control a boiler and therefore those Valves behave differently, like for a district heating source that can‘t be controlled.

Sorry, took a minute to see this through 😅

You could try to put everything back into one „home“ and use comfort mode.
In an installation with more Valves in different rooms, those other Valves actually can also start the boiler and the the Valves in the other rooms stay closed if no heat is required.
Maybe this works with other Thermostats in different rooms as well, but I can’t tell you that.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
nethome

Post by nethome »

This is a sensible such protection against boiler overheating.
That is, the thermostat cannot be the temperature sensor for the heads and control them ...great pity.
nethome

Post by nethome »

I have a Valve-Starter-Pack but what good will it do me if the thermostat can't be a room temperature reference.
nethome

Post by nethome »

I found something like this on the Netatmo help pages:

Can I install multiple Thermostats in my home (multi-zone heating)?
Yes, it is perfectly possible to use multiple Thermostats in the same home whenever there is more than one heating circuit (e.g. ground floor and first floor). You will need to install a complete Thermostat (Thermostat + Relay) for each heating zone.
All the Thermostats can then be managed from the Netatmo Energy app.

Comments
It is not possible to connect:

Multiple Thermostats to one Relay.
One Thermostat to multiple Relays.
There will be no interference between the different products, as the modules are factory-paired, and each one is identified by its unique serial number on the radio signals.

Return to “General questions”