Second room thermostat

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Made

Second room thermostat

Post by Made »

Hi there,
I have an installation consisting of a Netatmo room thermostat and 6 radiator thermostats. Now I would like to install a second room thermostat in my bathroom to control the (electric) floor heating valve (of course not possible with a radiator thermostat). However, I have not yet succeeded in integrating the additional, i.e. second room thermostat into my Netatmo network. How do I have to proceed?
Many greetings
Martin
GEORGzer

Re: Second room thermostat

Post by GEORGzer »

You have to crate a second „home“ in the app for the new Thermostat which means you’ll have to set up a separate schedule for it.
So if your other Thermostat controls your boiler, the new one won‘t be able to start it unless you wire the new Relais in parallels to it. But this will only work if you don‘t actually use the OpenTherm version.

Let me know if you do, since you posted in the OpenTherm section.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Made

Post by Made »

Oh sorry, I'm relatively new here so I guess I ended up in the wrong area.
Of course I want to operate the second thermostat on the same relay as the first thermostat, I forgot to mention that. The aim is to address the second thermostat like another radiator thermostat.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

I moved your topic to the correct forum.

I‘m afraid what you want is not possible.
Every Thermostat comes paired to its own Relais and a Thermostat can‘t act as a Valve.

The Thermostat is meant to act as the single central controller of the boiler. Alienating it for floor heating actuators works, but the software isn‘t designed for it, sorry.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
Made

Post by Made »

Pity! Do you have any ideas how I could then implement the project? I just need a thermostat-controlled switch contact in the bathroom to control the pump.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Can you share a photo of your floor heatings's valve/controller?

Not a Netatmo employee
Made

Post by Made »

The valve is in the basement under the underfloor heating. There are two positions: open or closed
Attachments
IMG_6252.JPG
IMG_6252.JPG (3.05 MiB) Viewed 998 times
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

That‘s an actuator.

Well, you only have two options. Either install a second Thermostat and create a second schedule or wire the actuator to your first Thermostat but that way it will always open and heat the floor when the boiler is running.

Not a Netatmo employee
Made

Post by Made »

It is a pity that there is no other solution.
Thank you for your support.
alandaram

Post by alandaram »

You have to crate a second „home“ in the app for the new Thermostat which means you’ll have to set up a separate schedule for it.

Return to “General questions”