Auto-adapt turns on heating way too early

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
rgbgr

Auto-adapt turns on heating way too early

Post by rgbgr »

Auto-adapt has been "optimised" on my system (thermostat + smart valves) for several years, but I find it turns on the heat way too early. I've attached some graphs for this week where I've added the schedule setpoint in blue. You can see that the room is always up to temperature within 30-60 minutes, but auto-adapt is starting to heat 2-3 hours before the setpoint time.

It's done this ever since the system was installed and "optimised" a couple of years ago. Yes I should have probably looked into this earlier - it's really wasteful of energy!

I've submitted a support ticket, but I was interested to know if anybody else has the same problem?

Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (354.99 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
riesj

Re: Auto-adapt turns on heating way too early

Post by riesj »

I have the same issue and it seems to become worse the last couple of days. I do not have valves but only a thermostat and the relay. Both are a couple of years old.

Did you get any response from Netatmo support on the support ticket you submitted?
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I have just realised that since 4th January my heating is coming on 3 hours before the set time regardless of internal or external temperature. Some days it has been up to temperature more than an hour early. Before 4th it was working fairly reliably, correctly calculating the time needed.

rgbgr, did you get a response to your support ticket or should I raise another one?
Pim205GTI

Post by Pim205GTI »

Same problem here. But only in the living room were the Thermostat is located
Open Therm Thermostat
Vailliant Ecotec Plus
7 Radiator Valves
rgbgr

Post by rgbgr »

The response I got from support was to disable prediction, and then re-enable it after a couple of weeks. I did this, and I think it did improve things.

HOWEVER - I now have a problem where one of my rooms (an "optimised" room) is constantly heating during the day (it should only be on in the morning and evening).

@JohnW @riesj- I would raise a ticket too, they may give you the same solution but at least it flags to Netatmo that there is a problem.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

@rgbgr - many thanks. Have raised ticket. I'll post the response once I've got it.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Have just received the following reply to my ticket. I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

"I've launched a recomputing of your heating data. This could help but if this error is comming from sensed data and not an error in the data you would
have to wait the weeks for the normal recalculation as it's based on past data. If the data itself is thus containing the error the recalculation will not
work properly.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

The day after support ran the "recomputing" the heating turned on 2:52 before the set time. First time since 4th Jan that it hadn't been 3 hours. It was still up to temperature over an hour early but since then it has gradually been improving - today it was 34 minutes early.

Appears that whatever was done has started the system re-learning and hopefully should be about right after 2 weeks.

@Pim205GTI - if you are still having the same issue it is worth raising a support ticket.

Return to “General questions”