Major problems with thermostat

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
ashtons99

Major problems with thermostat

Post by ashtons99 »

My thermostat started reading wrongly a few weeks ago. We use it in our holiday home and have enjoyed being able to remotely set the heating. Just recently it has started showing temperatures well above the actual temp. When I accessed it from the app today it was showing 21deg, the place has been empty so the actual temp would be more like 5 deg. I turned the temp up to trigger the boiler, it showed the boiler activated on the app. When we arrived the place was freezing with no boiler activation. Netatmo thermostat showing 21deg !!!!!!
It was more like 3 deg.

I’ve gone back to manual boiler operation and looking to another system but wondered if the problem with the thermostat can be fixed. I tried the “true temp” feature but the thermostat just defaults back yo 21 deg.

I’m guessing something in the temp sensing as gone faulty. It’s about 3 yrs old so out of warranty. I’m deciding on whether to replace with the same or look at something like Hive, which we’ve had at home for over 5 yrs now without a problem
Vrijevogel

Re: Major problems with thermostat

Post by Vrijevogel »

I have here exact the same problem sinds a few days the thermostat gives high temperature. Fir example 29 in stead of 20
I tought it is broken en bought a new one last weak.
But exactly the same problem.

Do you have already an solution?
Greetings from holland.
Dalibor

Post by Dalibor »

Same issue here since around mid December. The true temp does not solve the problem, the temperature read by the thermostat is wrong and it makes it difficult to manage the heating and comfort.
SergioSGil

Post by SergioSGil »

The same thing happens to me, I have for example configured the comfortable at 20 degree and confortable+ at 21 degrees. But surprisingly, the thermostat is configured himself and it rises 2 degrees ... every 3 weeks I have to set the temperatures again ... it's weird ...
Simon_the_Fin

Post by Simon_the_Fin »

So my story is that the thermostat show temp as 6245 and heating is on full blast! When I go to set the true temperature and take one digit out of the 6245 it changes to 100 degrees. Once I set the true temp it stays in it for a while and then goes up about degree or two. At night the temp changes to some 13 degrees when heating is set to 21 and heating is still on full blast!

E: Seems that the valves are at the latest firmware, and the troublesome thing about the valve seems to be working. Maybe ranting helps.

Return to “General questions”