Different schedules for different rooms

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
eg37

Re: Different schedules for different rooms

Post by eg37 »

Thank you! I already figured out the wiring, that was pretty easy. It's just the software that is a steaming pile of poop. There are the weirdest inexplicable limitations with no rhyme or reason... just because they decided so years ago and refuse to fix it no matter how many customers beg them to. Oh well. I will have another "hacked" installation. I hope it will work.
eg37

Post by eg37 »

I wonder if it's possible to control the thermostats (schedules, etc.) from Apple Home Kit instead so I never have to open the stupid Netatmo app again? Would I lose any functionality if I controlled the thermostats and radiator valves from Apple Home after the initial setup in the Netatmo app?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Everything is Homekit compatible. The fist generation Thermostat was not, but the second generation came out years ago.
So unless you bought used Thermostats, you should be fine.

I‘m not not an „active“ Homekit user though, so I can‘t give much advice about how to make a schedule there. Yelling at Siri I guess? 😋
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

The only thing you can do with Homekit is change temperatures on each valve and/or relay.
The Relay function in Homekit has one extra function where you can turn your heating “OFF”, this is not the same as “AWAY” or “ANTI FROST”

All other functions like setup or changing schedules, set how long you want your manual temperature change to last, set to AWAY or ANTI FROST are NOT supported by Homekit
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Thanks for the info on Homekit!

You can switch the Thermostat to OFF on the device or in the Netatmo app as well by turning it all the way down below 8.00 degrees.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
eg37

Post by eg37 »

OK, I guess I am stuck with the Netatmo app then :(

Return to “General questions”