Thermostat not working automatically

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Boris57

Thermostat not working automatically

Post by Boris57 »

Hello,

A few days ago I had a power outage in the house. When the power came back, the internet box resumed its connection normally, but my Netatmo thermostat and relay no longer worked. My thermostat was saying "unable to reach the relay". After resetting the relay several times, I came to a very strange behavior. I can't figure out what's going on at all, here are the behaviors I see:

- I manage to activate the boiler (gas) by raising the temperature. When the temperature is reached, the boiler continues to have the order to heat and therefore continues to heat. If I lower the temperature at the thermostat, the boiler receives the order to stop heating and then no longer heats.
- the opposite problem also appears, as the temperature drops below the requested one, the order is not sent to the boiler. If I go up manually with the thermostat, the order is sent.

I don't understand. Everything was working fine before the power cut. The thermostat is not even a year old!

Do you have any reasons why the thermostat only works when I use it manually. It is set to 20.5 but when the temperature drops below or exceeds 20.5, the order is not sent to the boiler.
JohnW

Re: Thermostat not working automatically

Post by JohnW »

Are you using the Hysteresis or Advanced heating algorithm? Could the advanced algorithm have corrupted its data and introduced large overshoots? Try using Hysteresis mode with Threshold of 0.1 degrees and see if it helps.

Return to “General questions”