potential new user

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
nalbert

potential new user

Post by nalbert » 11 Dec 2014, 10:05

Dear All,
i'm considering to buy a netatmo thermostat, but 'ive some question whose answer i've not found both in the site and in this forum.
1- if i understood prorpely from the thermostat itslef it's not possible to set up a weekly program but i need to do it directly by app or web. From the thermostat i can simply modify the set point temperature for a certain period of time. Is that right?
2- when i'm in my apartment the connection between the app and the thermostat is done by internet or it's direct form relay to smartphone? In case of the second option the connection it's made with bluetooth or wifi?
3- my wireless connection it's password protected. In relation from question 2 at first installation how can i set the wirelss pass word in order to get the relay connectd.
4- is there a manual or sometihng equivalent that describes the different funcion of the themostat. I've seen the FAQs on the web but it seems a littel bit poor.

Thansk in advance for your kind co-opertaion.

BR

Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: potential new user

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 11 Dec 2014, 10:23

Hello,
1- You're right
2- The connection is always going through your router. Thermostat is linked to its relay with radio frequencies (868MHz), and the relay is linked on the Wi-Fi of your router. Bluetooth is only used during the installation, if you're doing it with your smartphone.
3- during the installation, the wizard asks for your Wi-Fi password, and saves it into the relay.
4- Details are available in the FAQ and directly in the application. If you have any other question, feel free to ask them here!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

nalbert

Post by nalbert » 11 Dec 2014, 11:20

Dear Brieuc,
thanks for the quick answers. Agiin some questions:
1- is therer an app working with windows 8.1 RT?
2 is it possible to download the dails avalable in the application?

BR

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 11 Dec 2014, 11:24

1- On Windows 8.1 RT, just use your usual web browser (my.netatmo.com), there is no dedicated application yet.
2- You can export all data from the application to CSV or XLS file, in the advanced settings of the application.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

nalbert

Post by nalbert » 11 Dec 2014, 12:26

last question: if the internet connection fails but the router is still working, when i'm home may i control the thermostat using router and IP address?

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 11 Dec 2014, 14:35

No, but you will be able to control the Thermostat directly by pressing its physical buttons.

When the Thermostat is not connected to the internet, it continues to work like any other not-connected thermostat, ie. it will continue to regulate the device to which it is connected according to the last order before the break. This may be the weekly schedule, but also one of the four instructions with no duration limitation (MAX, OFF, Away, Frost-Guard).

During the break, you can not interact remotely, or change schedules nor settings, but you can always force manual instructions by clicking on the + or – buttons on the Thermostat.
You will automatically retrieve all the features of Thermostat as soon as the connection is established again.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

nalbert

Post by nalbert » 11 Dec 2014, 14:59

i got the point. Thanks.
Is there any promotion in place if buy both thermostat and wheater station?

wonderiuy

Post by wonderiuy » 12 Dec 2014, 15:19

You missed the blackfriday one

Return to “General questions”