Apple Homekit

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
TypeC

Re: Apple Homekit

Post by TypeC »

Dank wrote:Does anyone know if and when there will be an update to allow HomeKit?
One of the links in a post above has this information:
The previous version of the Netatmo Thermostat (with no HomeKit logo displayed on the packaging) will be upgraded in the next coming months to be HomeKit compatible.
Dank

Post by Dank »

Thanks for the info
Lezz

Post by Lezz »

The previous version of the Netatmo Thermostat (with no HomeKit logo displayed on the packaging) will be upgraded in the next coming months to be HomeKit compatible.
I couldn't find any info on an upgrade in this topic. I ordered my thermostat on an online sale yesterday, and it's on it way now. I hope this will be the one with the white LED, but since it was 118 euro's (about $ 99) I'm afraid it could be a clearance of older units :(

Does anyone have up-to-date info on a possible upgrade plan for older units?
zifra

Post by zifra »

The Thermostat you're selling in the web is the HomeKit compatible?

Thanks
Lezz

Post by Lezz »

Mine just got delivered at work and I immediately pulled it out to see if my relay had a blue or a white LED. to my surprise it was white, so when I get home I'll try to get homekit working :)
JWD

Re: Apple Homekit - Success!

Post by JWD »

I installed a new Netatmo Thermostat supplied by Amazon in the UK last weekend. I thought I would experiment with Homekit and it worked! Yes, Siri commands (eg increase set temperature) virtually immediately reflected on the thermostat display.
This is my first use of Homekit and it was on an iPhone 6S with latest IOS.
Not sure where (if anywhere?) I can find a list of things Siri can do with the Netatmo - any ideas

Also not sure why Netatmo aren't telling the world about this?

Impressed with the new thermostat so far....
JWD

Post by JWD »

Answered my own question re Siri commands here https://my.netatmo.com/settingstherm/faqnew/5/1
Hindo

Re: HomeKit pour le Thermostat

Post by Hindo »

Can we change the blue blinking relais for a white blinking relais?

I bought my thermostat because is was supposed to be homekit compatible

On this forum people tell me that it is not compatible and on other threads it is stated that it will be updated?
matteos1

Post by matteos1 »

it's possible to upgrade to homekit for those who have old thermostat? or there is a firmware upgrade?
matteos1

Post by matteos1 »

no one have a answer?

Return to “General questions”