Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computation

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
pawelf1

Re: Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computa

Post by pawelf1 »

Will PID will work corectly when i have a boiler with external thermometer that depending on outside tempreture setups temp of heating water in my home?

Ex: 10 degress outside radiators are at 35 degress
-10 degress outside radiator are at 55 degress
pebbleridge13

Post by pebbleridge13 »

pawelf1 wrote:Will PID will work corectly when i have a boiler with external thermometer that depending on outside tempreture setups temp of heating water in my home?

Hi,

Your Boiler Outside Compensation Control will totally confuse the Netatmo PID and Heating Prediction calculations.

From my experience I suggest you disable your Outside Compensation as my Netatmo does a fantastic job of controlling the temperature and heating start times on it's own.

Regards,

Paul
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

pawelf1 wrote:Will PID will work corectly when i have a boiler with external thermometer that depending on outside tempreture setups temp of heating water in my home?

As pebbleridge13 already said: you should turn off this boiler's feature. Or you can turn off Auto-Adapt function of Netatmo Energy ecosystem. Just look at last paragraph of this page:
https://www.netatmo.com/en-us/helpcente ... -i-do/69_A
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
lottware

Re: Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computation

Post by lottware »

Is this algorithm compatible/recommended can it be fine if a pellet stove is also used to heat?
sergeantd

Post by sergeantd »

lottware wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 09:46 Is this algorithm compatible/recommended can it be fine if a pellet stove is also used to heat?
Last year I used to have a pellet stove as heating system with PID enabled. So I can tell that it was working properly, but for better results you have to use the “always on” function of your pellet stove so you will always have hot water waiting for your demand.
Glowtape

Post by Glowtape »

I switched my old thermostat and relay out more than a whole month ago, so it started over with hysteresis, but after all this time, it still didn't compute the PIDs. I thought this was only supposed to last 3 weeks? There's very clear oscillations in the graphs, so there should be decent data to work with?

--edit: Relay serial g3e05be and thermostat serial j3dd022.

--edit: It finally activated.
Mida

Post by Mida »

Hello,
on Sunday 15.11. I installed this controller and yesterday (November 17) I received a notification that I have an available PID heating mode. I accidentally clicked "Not now" instead of "Activate."
Screenshot in attachment.
Will I ever see this message again? You do not know what all the items for become available when clicking on "Activate"?

Thank you in advance for your answers,
Mira
Attachments
Screenshot_20201117-124955_EnergyBBB.jpg
Screenshot_20201117-124955_EnergyBBB.jpg (62.45 KiB) Viewed 4578 times
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Just try to find the switch in settings / mode
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
Mrsv

Post by Mrsv »

Hi to all. I've read on french forum that there are a new firmware update for relè and thermostat. The PID actually don't work very well, I've relè version 216 and thermostat 73. There are news about time to get this update?
Thanks in advance.
Fabrizio

Return to “General questions”