Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computation

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
JanMetDePet

Re: Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computa

Post by JanMetDePet » 23 Jan 2016, 15:33

Brieux is right: give the algorithm time to learn AND expect differences when the temperures rise or fall significantly: the PID has to learn again.

The only way to overcome this behaviour is a modulating system: it looks and analyses all the time and turns on/off your boiler as needed. It is a verry comfortable system, which is not supported (maby later?) by Netatmo (yet?).
No more "hot spots" by overheated radiators, less overshoot (which is both energiefriendy and comfortable), no steep learningcurves with sudden changes in outside temperatures.

TheJuice

Post by TheJuice » 10 Feb 2016, 17:17

Hi,
I have the same problem as many others it seems.
Yesterday, coming back from holidays, I remotely activated the thermostat during the morning (around 10am), as I would be back during the night.

My programmed comfort temperature is : "21.5º at 19h00".
What a surprise to discover my house was only at 20º when I got back !

I just saw reading the first message of this post that there is a limit of 3 hours for the prediction algorithm... I agree with all the people who say this is nonsense. It should depend of the starting temperature.
Thermostat 2016-02-09 - 2.jpg
Thermostat 2016-02-09 - 2.jpg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 737 times
As you see, with this behavior I reached the correct temperature only at 22h00... 3 hours later than I had told the thermostat !

PilotGP

Post by PilotGP » 11 Feb 2016, 15:48

Yep, I'll add myself to the list who thinks the three hour prediction limit should be removed, or optional. My house take a phenomenal length of time to heat; I'd need a twelve hour limit minimum for the thermostat to work optimally.

gkirstei

Post by gkirstei » 18 Apr 2016, 12:35

Hello!
About one week or so after thermostat installation i got a message that PID algorithm is ready and i can use it. (Maybe that was message about heating prediction as i was middle of the meeting and did not read it carefully :cry: ) I happily forget about that. Yesterday I started to play around with my settings and found out, that my house is still on Hysteresis instead of Advanced algorithm. There is no option to change. But there is a heating prediction option available. Did I miss something or I should wait more for Advanced algorithm to become available. Thank you!

gkirstei

Post by gkirstei » 18 Apr 2016, 16:11

Thank you! Advanced algorithm just became available.

JesCR

Post by JesCR » 13 Sep 2016, 21:09

Hi, i got my thermostat as an amazon "refurbished", it has the old data inside, including the PID... (it has data since dec 2015!)
How could i reset the thermostat to a "new" state, some kind of "Factory reset", or at least a "house parameters/pid reset"

Thanks!!

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 14 Sep 2016, 09:21

Hi JesCR,
Please read the first post of this topic, the parameters are automatically adjusted each 2 weeks if necessary.
In the meantime, use hysteresis if the PID is not adapted to your system.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

JesCR

Post by JesCR » 14 Sep 2016, 10:05

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi JesCR,
Please read the first post of this topic, the parameters are automatically adjusted each 2 weeks if necessary.
In the meantime, use hysteresis if the PID is not adapted to your system.
Thanks!

Stuflo

Post by Stuflo » 19 Oct 2016, 10:35

I have had the heating on for 3 weeks now and still no PID mode?

bwbboot

Post by bwbboot » 27 Oct 2016, 21:24

Hi Brieuc,

Hope you are doing well. Can you have a look at my thermostats please? I have them since march 2015 but I never got PID mode available.

1st floor j0725aa
2nd floor j07270a
3rd floor j072604

Also believe they can use a firmware upgrade but not sure if that is related to not switching to PID mode.

Thanks for the help!

Bjorn

Return to “General questions”