Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computation

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Advanced algorithms (PID and Heating Prediction) computa

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 13 Nov 2017, 11:11

Hi all,
What is unclear in my message?
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
If you want us to check the heating algorithms of your Thermostat, please send a message to our Assistance.
We are not able to do so here.
Please find below the direct link to our Assistance: https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter/
Thank you :)
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

flight82

Post by flight82 » 21 Nov 2017, 09:19

Is it normal that the PID works only on thermostat and not on radiator valves?
When the thermostat switches on to anticipate the heating, the radiator valves remains closed up to the time set in the program.

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 21 Nov 2017, 12:36

flight82 wrote:Is it normal that the PID works only on thermostat and not on radiator valves?
When the thermostat switches on to anticipate the heating, the radiator valves remains closed up to the time set in the program.
Hi,
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?p=48911#p48911
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Drachen

Post by Drachen » 25 Nov 2017, 17:23

After 1 week with Netarmo thermostat installed, today the PID algorithm is available.

But there is an option that I don't full understand or find anything on the web. What does it mean "Minimal heating time"? Is set to 2 minutes.

risodv

Post by risodv » 26 Nov 2017, 14:10

when boiler starts to heat it will be not turned off before defined amount of time.
Its not good to turn boiler on and off too often. for example every 5 seconds, because its not effective and bolier culd be damaged and so on. This parameter should be in technical documentation for your boiler model.

Drachen

Post by Drachen » 02 Dec 2017, 16:05

risodv wrote:when boiler starts to heat it will be not turned off before defined amount of time.
Its not good to turn boiler on and off too often. for example every 5 seconds, because its not effective and bolier culd be damaged and so on. This parameter should be in technical documentation for your boiler model.
Thank you!

I've just checked the manual and the minimum time is between 2 and 4 minutes (depending on water temperature). I will maintain the 2 minutes.

vvce

Post by vvce » 08 Dec 2017, 14:39

Hi,
My boiler has a feature called "weather automation" (most of modern boilers have it, I know). That function allows to change the temperature of water in my heating system in relation to the weather outside. What settings should I set, to Netatmo thermostat if I want to use benefits of weather automation and PID/Heating prediction computation?

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 08 Dec 2017, 15:19

I'd change nothing. I don't have a boiler, but a central heating system that does the same thing. No problems so far.
Home:
Weather Station (Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)
2 Valves + Relais (Starter Pack), 5 additional Valves

Office:
Thermostat + Relais (1. Generation)
Healthy Home Coach

MaxGen

Post by MaxGen » 17 Jan 2018, 13:34

'Day,
i have 6 valves linked to the thermostat and for what i could understand heating prediction is working only for thermostat, am i correct? Problem is that it's starting at least 3 hours before the needed hour and others rooms are starting to heat only when the schedule switch. is it possible to "fix" it or we have to wait for a firmware update? thanks

zgembo

Post by zgembo » 22 Jan 2018, 07:49

I have one question
I noticed that my thermostat won't start boiler correctly, my netatmo is set to 23 but in most time in my room temperature drops to 22,7 and then thermostat starts boiler (I think that the situation is the same when temperature reach 23 it will stop when reached 23,2).

Settings are set to advanced mode, minimal heating time to 7 min, temperature offset is to 0,0 and heating prediction is on "yes" (now I disabled prediction but situation is the same).

Please see this picture in attach is this normal behaviour or is it advanced algorithms problem to switch to hysteresis? Thx

Edit:

In meant time I got answer from support

"Thank you for having contacted us. We apologize for the delay of response. We are currently facing an unprecedented level of enquiries about our products.
Try to change the hysteresis threshold (standard heating algorithm) of your Thermostat in the advanced options of the application:

- Access the Settings of the Energy application,
- Click on "Manage my house"
- In the room where the Thermostat is located, click on the name of your Thermostat,
- Click the Settings button,
- Change the hysteresis threshold in the Heating Algorithms section.

Its value can be changed from 0.1 ° C to 2.0 ° C. This is the difference greater than and less than the set temperature, and it is not possible to have an asymmetric hysteresis (for example -0.1 ° C / + 0.6 ° C). So for example, for a set temperature of 19.0 ° C:
with a hysteresis at 0.1 ° C: the heating is started at 18.9 ° C and switched off at 19.1 ° C,
- with hysteresis at 2.0 ° C: heating is started at 17.0 ° C and switched off at 21.0 ° C.

I remain at your disposal for any further inquiries.

Thank you for your confidence and your interest in our products

Have a nice day"
Last edited by zgembo on 25 Jan 2018, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General questions”