thermostat over sensitivity

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
NigelWall

thermostat over sensitivity

Post by NigelWall »

Hi, Just setup first time yesterday. Forum very useful as had wiring issues easily confirmed here.

Just a little confused at the handling of the cube/thermostat. Members of my family picking it up to examine and practice using it to change stepping all found it too easily switched up or down, In examination I also found it too easy to touch and change without realising. Is there a way to change its sensitivity so that the "click" up or down is a little more resistant.

Otherwise, once one grasps the graphs and temperature periods and so on ( for me much easier to understand on my computer screen ) it seems simple as well as really useful for assessing how one's heating works and to improve it.

Thanks

Nigel
TypeC

Re: thermostat over sensitivity

Post by TypeC »

I have found this too. I'm fairly sure the up / down controls are physical switches so sensitivity cannot be changed. The good news is that once the initial excitement wears off, you will find people handling the thermostat much less frequently! If you don't use the manual controls very much, you could set the default period manual changes last for lower so that if any changes do occur, the normal program is reverted to more quickly.
NigelWall

Re: thermostat over sensitivity

Post by NigelWall »

Thanks TypeC ..... hadn't found your reply till now, but grateful. I find forums can be strangely lonely ones and perhaps often because people like me get a bit confused as to how to use them

I suppose I thought the physical switches might have spring adjusters so could become more or less resistant at a "turn".

You are right about less frequent handling. :-)
Nigel

Return to “General questions”