HOMEKIT Compatibility for old relay

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
aytek

Re: HOMEKIT Compatibility for old relay

Post by aytek » 02 Sep 2016, 21:24

Does this mean that the old (white led) thermostats are also home kit enabled now? (via a firmware update)

Bloksel

Post by Bloksel » 02 Sep 2016, 23:05

No, on the french forum they state the old thermostats will never be homekit compatible.

This seems to be the french way of doing business. I don't care that much about homekit, but the fact that Netatmo simply has lied to me about this matter, before I bought the thermostat, I don't like at all. Having had almost the same experience with another french company, I learnt my lesson. Never any other french product for me ever.

aytek

Post by aytek » 02 Sep 2016, 23:10

Verry sorry and disappointed to hear that :( I wish they made an exchange program or at least provide the new revised board to some advanced users for replacing...

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 23 Sep 2016, 18:56

Question:

if you buy the new valve starter-set which includes a relay that supports Homekit, can you connect the old thermostat to the new relay and make it Homekit compatible?

Brieuc :roll: ???
Home:Weather Station (V3 + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules), Valves Starter Pack + 5 additional Valves, Smart Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smart Smoke Alarm

Not a Netatmo employee

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 26 Sep 2016, 11:20

GEORGzer wrote:Question:

if you buy the new valve starter-set which includes a relay that supports Homekit, can you connect the old thermostat to the new relay and make it Homekit compatible?

Hello,
No, you can't.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Hakki

Post by Hakki » 27 Sep 2016, 17:22

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:
GEORGzer wrote:Question:

Hello,
No, you can't.
@Brieuc
Will there be Google Home integration for Netatmo Thermostat?

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 28 Sep 2016, 10:18

@Hakki: Hi, I do not have such information, but I transfer the idea. Thank you!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

ITALion

Post by ITALion » 04 Oct 2016, 14:25

Very disappointed that The Netatmo Kit i bought in December 2015 has a Blue Led and is not enabled with HOMEKIT.
Netatmo should provide some sort of upgrade or exchange program for those like me not able to use HOMEKIT with a recently bought product.
Also is really disappinting that Netatmo supervisors aren't providing us a precise reply about this argument.
Just write somewhere like: "Old (but not so old) versions of the Thermo arn't going to work with Apple HOMEKIT even with any firmware upgrade incoming, you MUST buy a NEW HOMEKIT enabled version of the KIT if you want HOMEKIT enabled".
Really hope some manager in Netatmo will approve an exchange/upgrade program for us.
Robert

Return to “General questions”