Thermostat has a own life

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Michael0610

Re: Thermostat has a own life

Post by Michael0610 » 26 Jan 2017, 18:20

"Philhornby"

"Great! ... please publish your data and 'logger' details."

Why??

Why are you still here in this forum? You have a Siemens thermostat, and not a Netatmo???

The only reason is that you are angry because your stat did not work for you, it does not mean that all state dosen't work.

PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby » 26 Jan 2017, 19:12

Michael0610 wrote:Why??

Why are you still here in this forum? You have a Siemens thermostat, and not a Netatmo???

The only reason is that you are angry because your stat did not work for you, it does not mean that all stat doesn't work.
Ah - resorting to insults eh? ... you must be really sure of your facts!

Publish your results and prove me wrong. If you do so, I will accept it. One measurement is worth a thousand opinions.

I'm not angry; if I had been, I would have simply parcelled the Netatmo up and returned it to Amazon. I just don't like machines that don't work properly; I never have.

For the record, my Netatmo is still in service - it's just not allowed to control the temperature any more :lol: . It's wired back-to-back with the Siemens Rev-24's Remote Inputs, so that I can turn the heating on if I decide to return home much earlier than expected.

runemann

Post by runemann » 27 Jan 2017, 10:36

A comment on that is that we all benefit from being reasonable here: good stuff from using the Netatmo thermostat is for instance, as I see it: i) the weekly scheduling (I like that a lot), ii) the quick and secure way of controlling the temperature (the thing about the thermostat working eventhough the wifi is down), iii) the easy installment (the radio wave communication btw. the main unit and the relee sitting next to the boiler, i.e. no hard wiring or "ugly cables" having to be installed on the wall), iv) full access to everything via the web (login account) and/or the app, v) the co-operation with the weather station, vi) rock-stable connection (my Netatmo is never down and there has never been any issue whatsoever - unlike some other smart house stuff that I have at home), etc etc

I use the Netatmo thermostat together with a system that measure the electrical usage in minute detail, and so I can experiment with what it means to have large thresholds (burst of heat not that ofter, but greater temp. swings, vs. keeping the temp. constant), etc.

If you have an issue with the temperature being incorrectly measured or something, that is of course irritating - maybe you should replace the Netatmo. I don't have that issue. The thing about "prove me wrong" and "facts" and so forth doesn't relly help anyone: If you are annoyed, take it up with Netatmo. If you think it is a general issue, post it here. If you have some personal issues or something, we're not interested

PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby » 27 Jan 2017, 13:09

runemann wrote:The thing about "prove me wrong" and "facts" and so forth doesn't really help anyone
It's called "Peer Reviewed Science". http://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/howscienceworks_16
If you have some personal issues or something, we're not interested
For goodness sake - my issues with the Netatmo are entirely technical.

vespavbb1964

Post by vespavbb1964 » 27 Jan 2017, 13:12

runemann wrote:If you are annoyed, take it up with Netatmo.
I think that part of the problem & frustration is caused by the fact that Netatmo are virtually uncontactable.

And they have the following on their FaceBook page !
Attachments
netatmo02.jpg

Return to “General questions”