External temperature

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
aisenby9

External temperature

Post by aisenby9 » 08 Feb 2017, 13:04

I am using a Netatmo Thermostat to control my home's temperature and have just added a Netatmo Weather Station to the set-up. Both use the same login details. Although the outside and inside temperatures are being shown correctly in the Netatmo Weather app (Android), the outdoor weather module is not communicating with the Thermostat. The external temperature source displayed by the Netatmo Thermostat app states "Weather Forecast" and not "My Netatmo Weather Station". I am unable to select the latter in advanced settings because it is greyed out and therefore unselectable. One of the main reasons for buying the Weather Station was to link the outdoor module with the thermostat for improved accuracy. Currently, the external weather forecast temperature being shown on the Thermostat app is 7.2 deg C while the actual outdoor temperature shown by the Weather app is 8.3 deg C. This is not very accurate or satisfactory. I have reinstalled both apps but am still unable to select "My Netatmo Weather Station" as the external temperature source. Does anyone have a solution please?

Stuflo

Re: External temperature

Post by Stuflo » 08 Feb 2017, 22:53

Hello.
Just to reassure you I had the same problem you described. After about 10 days the greyed out option became available once it had done its calculations. This solved the problem for me. So I suggest you wait up to the three weeks and it will become available.
Regards

aisenby9

Re: External temperature

Post by aisenby9 » 08 Feb 2017, 23:29

Thank you for the advice. I shall wait patiently.

Return to “General questions”