Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
bwbboot

Post by bwbboot » 11 Sep 2017, 21:37

Hello,

With the new website my 3 existing thermostats are automatically moved into 3 homes, instead of 3 thermostats in one home (which makes more sense).
How do I move all thermostats into the same home on the website? Of course without loosing any data.

Thanks!
Bjorn

Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Website: Multiple homes

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 13 Sep 2017, 11:37

Hi,

For the time being, you have to choose between two different options:
1) Let all the Thermostats ungrouped (same behavior as the previous Thermostat Application)
2) Group the Thermostats in one house

The only way to move a Thermostat to another House is through the install process.
Thus, if you want to group the Thermostats in one house, you have to :
- Leave one of your Thermostat configured
- Reset the other Relays from the application (Relay settings). /!\ WARNING: you will lose all your historic data and algorithm parameters by doing so!
- Install again the Thermostats. During the installation process, choose the existing house than the one of the first Thermostat.

Note: in that case the Away mode will affect all the Relays of your house.

We think about improving this behaviour.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Paki

Post by Paki » 14 Sep 2017, 22:06

Hi,
i grouped all the thermostat into the same home. I have 3 thermostat. I can't assign the same heating program to all the thermostat. How can i solve this problem?
I can't heating 3 different zones with the same program.
If i create new program and assigna that new program, all the thermostats will have that program and not the only one i selected on the left.
:cry:

Paki

Post by Paki » 15 Sep 2017, 10:38

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,

For the time being, you have to choose between two different options:
1) Let all the Thermostats ungrouped (same behavior as the previous Thermostat Application)
2) Group the Thermostats in one house

The only way to move a Thermostat to another House is through the install process.
Thus, if you want to group the Thermostats in one house, you have to :
- Leave one of your Thermostat configured
- Reset the other Relays from the application (Relay settings). /!\ WARNING: you will lose all your historic data and algorithm parameters by doing so!
- Install again the Thermostats. During the installation process, choose the existing house than the one of the first Thermostat.

Note: in that case the Away mode will affect all the Relays of your house.

We think about improving this behaviour.
Can you help me?

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 15 Sep 2017, 11:20

Hi,
According to what you say:
"If i create new program and assigna that new program, all the thermostats will have that program and not the only one i selected on the left."
To set different schedules on your 3 Thermostats, they have to be isntalled in different houses.
When they are grouped in a same house, they all work with the same schedule. However you can set different setpoints on each Thermostat, by adding or modifying heating periods.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Paki

Post by Paki » 15 Sep 2017, 12:13

But the house it's only one. And in this case i can't use with Apple homekit because i have to change every time the house.
It's insane. :(

Paki

Post by Paki » 15 Sep 2017, 14:36

If i change heating periods on one thermostat all thermostat will have that change. I can't set only one thermostat if they are grouped all in one House.

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 15 Sep 2017, 14:44

As long as the Thermostats are in different rooms in the application, you can set different setpoints temperatures for each of them.
Just create a custom heating period in the Schedules menu, and set each room (consequently each Thermostat) to the setpoint you wish.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Paki

Post by Paki » 15 Sep 2017, 16:30

It's impossible.
If i schedule custom heating period to thermostat 1 the change will affect even thermostat 2.

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 15 Sep 2017, 17:02

Could you please share few screenshots?
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”