Auto Balance Feature

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
dseehof

Re: Auto Balance Feature

Post by dseehof »

Not sure about your maths, but they sent me "in the next few days" on September, 24th as posted here on the forum as well.
dozd

Post by dozd »

So and now they are saying until end of November...
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

I was about to buy some radiator valves and wanted to check my understand of the way they worked, and it seems it was wise to do so.

So if I understand, currently, if you set a room's radiator valve to be 25 degrees and the thermostat (elsewhere in the house) to be 20 degrees, when the thermostat reaches 20 degrees the boiler will be swithed off, even if the room's radiator valve measures less than 25 degrees?

Obviously you'd want is the option to state the behaviour of that radiator value so it can (optionally) keep the boiler on ending up with say the radiator valve measuring 25 degrees and say the thermostat 22 degrees.

Do I understand correctly Netatmo are updating their software so a radiator valve can keep the boiler on, even if the thermostat has reached its temperature? And, most importantly, that this behaviour will be optional? ie: So a radiator valve can be defined to allow the boiler to stay on or not under its control?
MarcoGT

Post by MarcoGT »

We are all waiting for a firmware update to allow the valves to switch the boiler ON.

What I do not understand is how Netatmo could not think about a stupid thing like this
NeilF

Post by NeilF »

MarcoGT wrote:We are all waiting for a firmware update to allow the valves to switch the boiler ON.

What I do not understand is how Netatmo could not think about a stupid thing like this
And will this option be optional per valve? Surely they must put an option in to allow a valve to override the thermostat or not?
dozd

Post by dozd »

I got update with these feature today, thermostat version 64
MarcoGT

Post by MarcoGT »

So they started to release the official release?
dozd

Post by dozd »

I think they are because I'm not in beta program.

But look at my first impression: https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9639

I'm not sure if it's good...
apieri

Post by apieri »

i will wait end of november after that date i will go forward with the shipment of valves to Netatmo in order to obtain the reimbursment. i hope that Netatmo will resolve the issue .
MarcV

Post by MarcV »

NeilF wrote:
MarcoGT wrote:We are all waiting for a firmware update to allow the valves to switch the boiler ON.

And will this option be optional per valve? Surely they must put an option in to allow a valve to override the thermostat or not?
The current beta version does allow the valves to turn/keep the boiler on (comfort mode) but this setting is system wide, not a per valve setting.
Works well for me though...
...but I might be wrong...

Return to “General questions”