Auto Balance Feature

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
flight82

Re: Auto Balance Feature

Post by flight82 » 29 Nov 2017, 23:42

menn0 wrote:I cannot believen what I read here, I just bought this stuff having waited for black friday.
But now I read it cannot do at all what is promised about keeping all rooms at a prefered temperature!
I have a bedroom upstairs which is always way colder than the rest of the house, it gets easely as low as 14 while I dont want it to drop below 17.
Now I thought this product would help me, and put some valves around the house, and than the bedroom would give a sign to the relay and the relay to the boiler. Which apparantly isnt so.
The only thing part that can actually control the boiler is the thermostat.
This must be a joke?! I ll return this product on Friday, especially now I read that this core/right of existence/ minimal viable feature was already promised late September in a coulpe of days. Tado here I come.
It's unbelievable but unfortunately it is so...
In September Netatmo promised this feature in few days...after 2 months still nothing!
(Here the link for reference: https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php ... 138#p46523)
I'm a mechatronic engineer with a lot of experience in embedded software of electronic devices and I can't believe they need so much time to implement such function already available in manual boost...it is unbelievable!

whnagel

Post by whnagel » 30 Nov 2017, 08:27

it is the prediction who makes it not so easy as it looks like to us (also to our mechatronic engineer). if the room temperature should be at a certain level at 8 o clock par example (after a lower level during the night), the valve must be open and the thermostat has to turn on the boiler some time (the prediction time) earlier to reach the plan temperature at 8 o clock . And all rooms who reached the plantemp must full close (this includes the valve in the room with the thermostat too), in beta version this is not the case and the thermostat room got overheatet specially if you have a 2nd thermostat installed. In manually boost no prediction needed.
on the other hand to me it looks like the netatmo software after some days or even some hours does no more know how much open the valve actually is therefore we have actually to recalibrate the valves manually (from time to time the software does also a calibration but only during daytime)

the bad thing for me is netatmo does not offer a lounch date of the new firmware (like other companies nowadays do). First from few days now 2 month, perhaps 3 month or more and we have spring!!!!!!!!

Honza475

Post by Honza475 » 30 Nov 2017, 09:53

Please, no prediction is needed. Just add ability valves to turn boiler on, when temperature is under scheduled temperature in room. Prediction can be added later (also ability valves to "think together" and turn boiler on for more roms at once).

NeilF

Post by NeilF » 30 Nov 2017, 10:17

whnagel wrote:it is the prediction who makes it not so easy as it looks like to us (also to our mechatronic engineer). if the room temperature should be at a certain level at 8 o clock par example (after a lower level during the night), the valve must be open and the thermostat has to turn on the boiler some time (the prediction time) earlier to reach the plan temperature at 8 o clock . And all rooms who reached the plantemp must full close (this includes the valve in the room with the thermostat too), in beta version this is not the case and the thermostat room got overheatet specially if you have a 2nd thermostat installed. In manually boost no prediction needed.
on the other hand to me it looks like the netatmo software after some days or even some hours does no more know how much open the valve actually is therefore we have actually to recalibrate the valves manually (from time to time the software does also a calibration but only during daytime)

the bad thing for me is netatmo does not offer a lounch date of the new firmware (like other companies nowadays do). First from few days now 2 month, perhaps 3 month or more and we have spring!!!!!!!!
I don't understand even this issue. This behaviour is already in place for the thermostat is it not?

So let's say it predicts when the boiler has to come on based on the current temperature of the thermostat (X) and its goal temperature (Y) at a specific time. So the software already looks at Y-X and turns on the boiler appropriately early.

Now introduce a Valve. All the software now has to do is look at its goal temperature and current temperature in conjunction with the thermostat's, and Base X & Y on the measurements with the biggest difference. ie: If the Thermostat is only 1 degree below goal, but the valve is 5 degrees below goal, base the boiler coming on the Valves figures (just as if the thermostat read those figures).

Return to “General questions”