Thermostat and valve in same room... Issue

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
CaptainBaldy

Thermostat and valve in same room... Issue

Post by CaptainBaldy » 06 Nov 2017, 10:46

So...i have a thermostat in my livingroom which has been setup by itself for some time. Recently i have invested in a number of valves. One of them i have put on a radiator in the same room as the thermostat. Now i have an issue.. I will try and explain as simple as i can.

I have my themostat set to come on at 6:30am. I have noticed it is firing the boiler on at 3:30am in an attempt to get to the required setpoint temperature i have set for that time. Problem is the Valve on the radiator is not firing up until around 6:00am. This then means that the radiators without the smart valves are heating up from 3:30am, which isnt ideal, and is wasting energy. And the livingroom isnt heating up until the valve comes on...

I had the thermostat and all the valves set up as different rooms. However, i have now noticed that i can move the valve (device) into an other room. So i have moved the living room valve into the same room as the thermostat. Could that solve my issue? Will they work in unison by doing that?

PS i am using the advanced algorythm.. Do i need to revert back to Hysteresis algorythm since i have moved a valve into a different room?

Any help appreciated. :roll:

Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Thermostat and valve in same room... Issue

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 07 Nov 2017, 18:27

Hi,
The Prediction is not available yet for the Valves. It should be available at the end of the year.
In the meantime, I suggest that you disable the Prediction for your Home, or indeed place the Valve in the same room as the Thermostat.
Thank you for your understanding.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

nalbert

Post by nalbert » 08 Nov 2017, 16:00

it is quite disappoing to read that PID and anticpation are not supproted by valves, up to now. They are one of the key feature and plus of thermostat it should be a priority to transpose it in valves, before launch in the market!

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 08 Nov 2017, 16:16

nalbert wrote:it is quite disappoing to read that PID and anticpation are not supproted by valves, up to now. They are one of the key feature and plus of thermostat it should be a priority to transpose it in valves, before launch in the market!
PID is supported and automatically enabled on the Valves since the initial launch.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

nalbert

Post by nalbert » 08 Nov 2017, 16:45

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:
nalbert wrote:it is quite disappoing to read that PID and anticpation are not supproted by valves, up to now. They are one of the key feature and plus of thermostat it should be a priority to transpose it in valves, before launch in the market!
PID is supported and automatically enabled on the Valves since the initial launch.
noted sorry for the mistake.

Ric75

Post by Ric75 » 29 Nov 2017, 15:30

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
The Prediction is not available yet for the Valves. It should be available at the end of the year.
In the meantime, I suggest that you disable the Prediction for your Home, or indeed place the Valve in the same room as the Thermostat.
I have the same configuration (thermostat+valve in the same room and valves in other room) and the new firmware 159 on the rele with Comfort option enabled.
I have enabled one month after installation the advanced algortihm instead of isteresis.

Now the room with thermostat fire up each day the boiler 2 hours before 4pm (so at 2pm) when It is programmed to reach 22C. Radiator in this room with smart valve is hot (heating symbol is below the temperature). This is fine because the alghoritm calculated that it need 2 hour to reach 22C. See the attached image "room with Thermostat and 1 valve on the radiator".
It is clearly written "anticipation of the program "warm house" that starts at 4pm.
thermostat.jpg
room with Thermostat and 1 valve on the radiator
All the other rooms with the valves starts heating too at 2pm (see attached chart ), but there is no indication about the heating power percentage and the heating symbol is missing below the temperature.
room only valve.jpg
room with only 1 valve
I understood from your quoted message that prediction is not available on the valves, but it seems to me that prediction is working on the valves too (maybe due to the new firmware 159), but the valve chart is not correctly updated showing the heating power percentage and the heating symbol is not shown under the temperature of the valve.

Is it safe to use the advanced mode? Should I disable it and go back to isteresis? Could it happen that the boiler fire up and all the valves remain closed until 4pm destroying the pump of the boiler?

risodv

Post by risodv » 29 Nov 2017, 18:34

Try simple test. Calibrate your valve. Tomorrow you will probably see that your room was heated because of valve was not fully closed as it should be.

flight82

Post by flight82 » 30 Nov 2017, 00:22

Ric75 wrote:
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
I have the same configuration (thermostat+valve in the same room and valves in other room) and the new firmware 159 on the rele with Comfort option enabled.
I have enabled one month after installation the advanced algortihm instead of isteresis.

Now the room with thermostat fire up each day the boiler 2 hours before 4pm (so at 2pm) when It is programmed to reach 22C. Radiator in this room with smart valve is hot (heating symbol is below the temperature). This is fine because the alghoritm calculated that it need 2 hour to reach 22C. See the attached image "room with Thermostat and 1 valve on the radiator".
It is clearly written "anticipation of the program "warm house" that starts at 4pm.
thermostat.jpg
All the other rooms with the valves starts heating too at 2pm (see attached chart ), but there is no indication about the heating power percentage and the heating symbol is missing below the temperature.
room only valve.jpg
I understood from your quoted message that prediction is not available on the valves, but it seems to me that prediction is working on the valves too (maybe due to the new firmware 159), but the valve chart is not correctly updated showing the heating power percentage and the heating symbol is not shown under the temperature of the valve.

Is it safe to use the advanced mode? Should I disable it and go back to isteresis? Could it happen that the boiler fire up and all the valves remain closed until 4pm destroying the pump of the boiler?
You are lucky that you have v159, I'm still with v152 (I don't know why) and it doesn't work.

mrroboto

Post by mrroboto » 01 Dec 2017, 12:20

i'm still at 150.

mrroboto

Post by mrroboto » 01 Dec 2017, 15:57

mrroboto wrote:i'm still at 150.
Wow, i just got 160 after this post.

Thermostat still 59.

Return to “General questions”