You have reached the maximum number of room with products

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
colinb

You have reached the maximum number of room with products

Post by colinb »

over the last few weeks I have purchased 14 Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves for my house, quite an investment but I figured that to do it properly and get the most benefit you need to change all the valves on your radiators.

I have added most of the valves to rooms but have an issue when trying to add the last few.

Currently I have 13 rooms configured and valves in 10 of those rooms. If I try to add or move a valve to a room with no valve it will not let me and I get an error “You have reached the maximum number of room with products", see attached screenshot from my phone. Note that you can add the valves as long as you add them to a room that already has a valve installed just not to an empty room.
IMG_1657.png
It seems to be an issue where it will only let you have valves in 10 rooms for whatever reason because I can move a valve into another room that already has a valve but not into an empty room unless I move a valve out of a room where there is only one valve thus freeing up a room (so then only 9 rooms with valves).

This is a big issue for me and will be for anyone who has a house with many rooms as I cannot use some of the radiators with the smart valves and have spent money on Smart Radiator valves that I cannot currently use.

Can this value be increased please?

This value should be at least 20 to match the maximum number of smart valves you can have on one system allowing for one smart valve per room (not a problem if more valves are installed per room as this would require less overall rooms)

Please note I have tried this on the iPhone app and also on the website and get the same error.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: You have reached the maximum number of room with product

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
For the time being, up to 10 rooms with products can be set in a Home.
However we plan to increase this number soon.
In the meantime, please try to gather the rooms which need the same heating schedule.
Thank you for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
colinb

Post by colinb »

Thanks Brieuc for your fast response, good to hear it will be addressed soon.

I will combine the rooms with a similar schedule until this value is increased.
colinb

Post by colinb »

Hi Brieuc,

do you have any update when the rooms will be increased from 10?
graemesmith1960

Post by graemesmith1960 »

I'd like to know as well thanks!
Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

colinb wrote:over the last few weeks I have purchased 14 Netatmo Smart Radiator Valves for my house, quite an investment but I figured that to do it properly and get the most benefit you need to change all the valves on your radiators.

I have added most of the valves to rooms but have an issue when trying to add the last few.

Currently I have 13 rooms configured and valves in 10 of those rooms. If I try to add or move a valve to a room with no valve it will not let me and I get an error “You have reached the maximum number of room with products", see attached screenshot from my phone. Note that you can add the valves as long as you add them to a room that already has a valve installed just not to an empty room.
IMG_1657.png
It seems to be an issue where it will only let you have valves in 10 rooms for whatever reason because I can move a valve into another room that already has a valve but not into an empty room unless I move a valve out of a room where there is only one valve thus freeing up a room (so then only 9 rooms with valves).

This is a big issue for me and will be for anyone who has a house with many rooms as I cannot use some of the radiators with the smart valves and have spent money on Smart Radiator valves that I cannot currently use.

Can this value be increased please?

This value should be at least 20 to match the maximum number of smart valves you can have on one system allowing for one smart valve per room (not a problem if more valves are installed per room as this would require less overall rooms)

Please note I have tried this on the iPhone app and also on the website and get the same error.
Colinb

Glad to hear that there may be a solution to your problem in the pipeline, however what interests me is that you've manged to reach the 10 valve limit, do you live in a large house with many very small rooms

I have 7 valves but couldn't install more than 3 valves without having communication range issues, I've a largish house, 2 floors each of 120 sqm, but it certainly isn't a mansion. I posted a request on the board for a firmware update (ignored of course) any guidance you can offer?
colinb

Post by colinb »

You can have up to 20 valves but only 10 rooms. The problem I have is that I cannot add any more rooms.

My house is a semi but spread over 3 floors with long hallways joining the front and back rooms. I do get the occasional communication error on two of the rooms that are the furthest from the boiler but this does not last long although I did have to re-position a chair in one of these rooms to achieve this as it did block enough of the signal to give a near permanent communication error until I moved the chair away from the radiator.

The boiler is located on the middle floor of the house and is central between the front and back of the house so is probably ideally located for the Netatmo relay to talk to the valves throughout the rest of the house, note that this communication is at a lower frequency than used in your Wireless router so should travel further through the house than your Wi-Fi signal does. The closer your Netatmo relay is to your valves the better to reduce the risk of a communication error and the fewer number of solid walls the signal has to travel through the better but from what you say in your post, I am surprised you get this issue, I would suggest raising this with Netatmo.

On the firmware issue, new firmware should be pushed out to you automatically, the latest updates to the firmware on my devices happened in the last few weeks automatically for the valves, smart relay and smart thermostat, maybe there is an issue in the older firmware that is causing your issue?

Have you checked the firmware versions of your devices to see if they have updated?

Here are my firmware versions of this helps:
Relay: 160
Mobile Thermostat: 64
Smart TRV’s: 49

I have raised a couple of issues with Netatmo and they have responded although I think they are very busy as it can take a few weeks to get a response. I also found this forum a good place to raise my issues as I had a very fast response from Netatmo when doing it this way

Hope this helps
colinb

Post by colinb »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 17:00 Hi,
For the time being, up to 10 rooms with products can be set in a Home.
However we plan to increase this number soon.
In the meantime, please try to gather the rooms which need the same heating schedule.
Thank you for your patience.
Hi Brieuc,

it has been nearly 2 years and this feature has still not appeared (more than 10 rooms).

I still have the same problem, I have 12 rooms but can only add 10 rooms. I do not have multiple rooms that share the same characteristics so I cannot group them together, also I would like the granularity of being able to control each room.

I do like the Netatmo system but at present it does not cater for houses with more than 10 rooms equipped with radiators.

Can you confirm if this feature is to be implemented as I am sure I cannot be the only one with this problem
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: You have reached the maximum number of room with products

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi colinb,
This project is still in our roadmap, we want to increase the maximum number of rooms allowed.
However it is very complex to develop because of technical limitations, and we make sure to prioritize enhancements which will benefit to all the users.
Be assured we will let you know as soon as this feature is ready.
Thanks again for your patience.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
ales

Re: You have reached the maximum number of room with products

Post by ales »

Hi, i have same problem like others. I need more than 10 rooms for 19 valves. Pleeeease repair this asap. Thanks!

Return to “General questions”