Two thermostats in 2 floors (same house)

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
SergioSGil

Two thermostats in 2 floors (same house)

Post by SergioSGil » 22 Nov 2017, 00:04

It is possible use 2 thermostats in 2 floors (same house) with the same boiler and 1 rele?

yonasl

Re: Two thermostats in 2 floors (same house)

Post by yonasl » 27 Nov 2017, 13:52

Hello,

Each thermostat is linked to its own relay so NO you cannot do what you want. A possible solution would be to have a thermostat on the living room and a valve on a room upstairs (but notice valves cannot currently turn the heating on, just adjust the flow).

I do not know if some DYI experts have manager to have 2 relays with 2 thermostats linked to the same boiler.

Hope this helps,

Yona

menn0

Post by menn0 » 29 Nov 2017, 22:18

Yona, do you work for Netatmo? Cause what you say here ' but notice valves cannot currently turn the heating on, just adjust the flow' isnt true I hope.
I have just bought the thermostat and 1 valve to test. But what I understand is, say you have a living room which is 20 degrees as set by its valves and thermostat, and you have a bedroom upstairs with a temperature of 14 degrees but with a setpoint of 17. The valve in the bedroom will send a signal to the relay, and the relay to the thermostat to fire up the boiler. This will send hot water through the whole system but the valves in the living room will close and so hot water will only be directed to the bedroom. Correct?

AcidBurn

Post by AcidBurn » 30 Nov 2017, 08:27

Hi guys,

You're correct menn0, but for the moment, if you want the valve to turn on your boiler, you have to do a manual boost. The valve can't automatically turn your boiler on without a manual boost.
But that will be available in the next firmware upgrade. In my case, no hot water when the room is above the temperature even if another room is heating.

Return to “General questions”