Feature Requests

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
graemesmith1960

Feature Requests

Post by graemesmith1960 » 04 Dec 2017, 17:17

How about a feature request area for the Thermostat and Smart Radiator Valves?

Nearly every topic I read recently at some point asks 'How do I force update the firmware'? That's a valid feature request isn't it?

Some of the reviews on Amazon are getting very scathing about Netatmo customer service where the new smart valves are concerned so maybe its time to think about giving in to popular demand by joining the rest of the world and allowing users to actually upgrade firmware as soon as it is released and not wait for weeks for their lucky number to come up!

Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 05 Dec 2017, 10:11

Hi,
Firmware updates are automatic, there is no need to try to force the update.
People are just waiting for the new features and bug fixes, which is perfectly understandable.
Once again, please be assured we do our best to release the latest firmware as soon as possible.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

MarcoGT

Post by MarcoGT » 05 Dec 2017, 10:51

Yes, again, but what do as soon as possible mean?
You said at the end of september "few days", we are now at begin of December and still no update, and winter already came

graemesmith1960

Post by graemesmith1960 » 05 Dec 2017, 15:52

Brieuc, I am fully aware that your firmware updates are automatic. It is the time they take to roll out to everyone that is spoiling your reputation. When Apple/Microsoft/Cisco/etc roll out a new firmware you have the option of waiting for it to automatically download or going and getting it yourself. When your product is working fine then automatic updates are great. When it is not, then people expect to be able to go and get the latest firmware. I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation.

myj75

Post by myj75 » 05 Dec 2017, 19:05

"Firmware updates are automatic" - so why is one my Thermostats on FW 41? Sent email to support - no reply...

valentinocolella

Post by valentinocolella » 06 Dec 2017, 12:26

Good morning my thermostat also did not receive updates automatically but I know that they can be forced manually. You can go on the Desktop application Go to the Wi-Fi configuration and click on the subfolder to download the wizard Depending on the operating system you are using and connecting the relay to the PC and the latest firmware version is downloaded. I had to do the same thing Both to download the 159 version and the 160 after which we expect the time to update all the other devices. It worked for me I do not understand why Netatmo's technicians do not give this suggestion. After they are also contacted privately to receive support for firmware updates that do not update automatically.

Coltr@ne

Post by Coltr@ne » 06 Dec 2017, 18:52

Why not including the possibility to insert the consumption of gas, so your software could produce a more and more accurate analisys at the end of each month.
It would be interesting receiving a diagram of gas expenses.

Thanks for listening

Return to “General questions”