Upgrade from legacy Netatmo Thermostat

Jetmcquack

Upgrade from legacy Netatmo Thermostat

Post by Jetmcquack »

Hello, i have a big system consisting of 8 Netatmo Valves and 1 Netatmo Smart Thermostat with an Elco Thision Mini CPA boiler.

According to the vendor my boiler is OpenTherm capable.

is it possibile to upgrade the system to the new modulating one buying just the new Relay and Thermostat and switching them with the old ones or i have to re-pair again all my devices?
Also, is it possibile to use the "Energy app" or i have to use home+control?

thanks

Francesco
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Upgrade from legacy Netatmo Thermostat

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
You can upgrade your system with the new OpenTherm Thermostat as long as your boiler is compatible. If you don't see the OpenTherm logo on your boiler, please send a message to the Elco customer service to check the OpenTherm compatibility (with the manual I've found, I'm not able to confirm the OT compatibility of your boiler).
The Modulating Thermostat can only be controlled through the Home+Control app, so you would have to install everything as new.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Jetmcquack

Post by Jetmcquack »

Ok thanks for the quick reply.
The boiler is OpenTherm capable, Elco confirmed me that, they just call it with a different name (BUS BridgeNet) but it's the same stuff.
I'm just worried about the painful repairing of the 8 valves... i think i will do this in springtime!
Pim205GTI

Post by Pim205GTI »

I also did an upgrade.
It is not possible to just replace. You cannot even keep your schedules or your home.
You have to do all pairing again, sorry.

I managed to keep my home and schedules but was later advised by Netamo that then the modulating heating would not work and keep switching the the boiler full on or just off
Open Therm Thermostat
Vailliant Ecotec Plus
7 Radiator Valves

Return to “General Questions”