2 homes, 1 with Smart Thermostat and 1 with Smart Modulating Thermostat

Ginopil

2 homes, 1 with Smart Thermostat and 1 with Smart Modulating Thermostat

Post by Ginopil »

Hi,
After a satisfactory installation of the Smart Thermostat in one property I'm about to make a decision about a second installation in another property, and he Smart Modulating Thermostat seems definitely a better fit for the heating system there.
I see that you need to install and use the Home+Control app to get the SMT installed and to manage it, which in fact I have been using for the first installation too, just to keep a look at its features, so I'm fine with that.
Now, suppose you have two homes, one with Smart thermostat and the other with Smart Modulating thermostat: what's the expected user experience?
a) I think you'd see and manage both homes in the home+control app
b) what about the online app at https://my.netatmo.com/app/therm ? Would it handle both installations?
c) what about the netatmo energy mobile app? Would it handle only the Smart Thermostat installation? Or, once the Smart Modulating Thermostat is installed, you have both in Netatmo Energy?
Thanks
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: 2 homes, 1 with Smart Thermostat and 1 with Smart Modulating Thermostat

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi :)
a) Yes. However, advanced settings of the "classic" Smart Thermostat are only available in the Energy app. H+C app only let you manage basic settings and schedule. So you will have to use both apps to get the full experience.
b) The Energy web app is only designed to control the Smart Thermostat. A web app is not available for the Modulating Thermostat and not planned to be developed.
c) The Energy App can only install the Smart Thermostat. H+C app needs to be used to install the Smart Modulating Thermostat.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

Return to “General Questions”