2 heating circuits, what options are available?

Ginopil

2 heating circuits, what options are available?

Post by Ginopil »

Hi,
Not really a new thread, it's a sort of follow-up of
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18275
but re-focused on the Saart Modulating Thermostat, which has been released since then.

What I have got in the home:
  • 1 gas boiler, an Ideal Logic System S15. This is open therm compatible but not sure what you can control with it. I'm specifying that because I have read the other thread where some users had had issues due to limited opentherm capabilities of the boilers
  • 1 hot water tank, a ThermaQ Evocyl
  • 2 heating circuits
  • 1 3-channel programmer, ThermaQ TQX0027 - also coded ESI ES3247B, I think
  • 2 thermostats, I believe the model is ESI ESRTD5
  • radiators with TRVs
The question is what are the possible, different types of installations, especially in the context of "Smart Thermostat vs Smart Modulating Thermostat"? For each configuration, which of the existing devices would be replaced by NetAtmo?
Is it correct that the optimal installation would be NetAtMo Smart Thermostats replacing the existing thermostats - and Smart Thermostats replacing TRVs - and the programmer would stay?

If you are able to use 2 Smart Modulating Thermostats, rather than the Smart Thermostats, would the system set the water temp based on both thermostats requests and, crucially, based on the single home schedule for domestic hot water? in other words, no conflicts possible, everything managed by NetAtmo in the background?

*NetAtmo, please do something about this! Independent schedules per room

Return to “General Questions”