is it possible to add the "Smart Thermostat" at a later point i.e. after exchange of the heating system

dgs

is it possible to add the "Smart Thermostat" at a later point i.e. after exchange of the heating system

Post by dgs »

At the moment, an oil heater from the 1990s is still in use in my house, but it should be replaced with another system in 2 years at the latest.
This means that I cannot use your “Netatmo connection to boiler” product today, but I would like to use it later in about 2 years.
Hence the question: Can I use the “Netatmo without connection to the boiler” product today and buy the module for connection to the boiler at a later date
and connect and operate this with the existing one?
Is the product “Smart Thermostat” expandable in due course by the module “Connection to boiler” or is it a matter of two completely different product classes.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Dieter
GEORGzer

Re: is it possible to add the "Smart Thermostat" at a later point i.e. after exchange of the heating system

Post by GEORGzer »

You mean you want to connect the Thermostat now to an analog system and switch to a digital one (OpenTherm) later?
I believe the Smart Modulating Thermostat can control analog boilers as well, without the additional OpenTherm benefits of course.

Thermostat and Relais always come together as it is the relais that connects to the local wifi and communicates to the Thermostat via radio signal.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “General Questions”