Thermostat connection loss while heating?

Glowtape

Thermostat connection loss while heating?

Post by Glowtape »

Hi,

what happens when the relay went into heating mode and loses the connection to the thermostat for an extended time (say the batteries died), will it keep heating or does the relay eventually stop the boiler after a certain time out?

It’d be nice to know, and should also maybe be put in the FAQ on the product page.

If it keeps heating, the failure mode should either be configurable, or the very least the Energy app should show the relay status and let us stop it manually. Right now it just says “thermostat not reachable” with no course of action from remote (at work, in vacation, or whatever), other than the retry button.

Thanks.
GEORGzer

Re: Thermostat connection loss while heating?

Post by GEORGzer »

You can find the FAQs in the helpcenter.
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... hould-i-do

You questions isn't answered specifically but besides that you will receive multiple battery warnings, I believe the system switches off if no connection can be established.
But don't take my word for it, contact support through the helpcenter to get confirmation.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “General Questions”