[Request] New Schedule creation, copy old

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
basil

[Request] New Schedule creation, copy old

Post by basil » 30 Apr 2018, 12:18

This might be useful for some other people, and a simple software change I hope?
When creating a new schedule, the option to copy an existing one, including all room set-points for thermostats.
This would make creating minor schedule changes a breeze, for instance, I work from home on various days, which I know 1 month in advance, the pattern repeats on different days eay month, so I need a new schedule for each month. All daytime set-points remain the same, except for my home office, which is heated a little more ;)

netsukekoi

Re: [Request] New Schedule creation, copy old

Post by netsukekoi » 09 Aug 2018, 16:57

Just to add my twopenneth to this - it may be my inexperience, but once a schedule is created it would be nice to be able to copy it to another zone (I have 3 zones and 3 stats) or to do a global change on a schedule. At the moment I am having to tweak timings day by day to get an initial schedule if what I set up is not exactly what I wanted at the outset.

Also, is there a way to tie zones together into one 'home'' - at present am sure my app thinks I am operating 3 distinct homes - maybe not an issue / just a perception / presentation thing

AndyBowden

Post by AndyBowden » 24 Sep 2018, 20:43

basil wrote:This might be useful for some other people, and a simple software change I hope?
When creating a new schedule, the option to copy an existing one, including all room set-points for thermostats.
This would make creating minor schedule changes a breeze, for instance, I work from home on various days, which I know 1 month in advance, the pattern repeats on different days eay month, so I need a new schedule for each month. All daytime set-points remain the same, except for my home office, which is heated a little more ;)
I am quite pleased with the function of Netatmo thermostat, particularly now the later software allows a radiator valve individually to activate the boiler when its room is cooler than that in which the thermostat is located.

However, I find the functionality for creating schedules very limiting.

I would like to create a number of schedules with minor differences between them, for example Working In Office and Working From Home would be identical in the evening and at night, but the first would have the heating off in the morning and the second would not.

Being able to duplicate a schedule and then to make minor changes to the copy would be a huge improvement.

Further, each 'custom temperature' seems to be associated with a single schedule. Having a library of customer temperatures which are shared across schedules would assist. For example if I want to increase the temperature in the evening in both my Working in Office and Working at Home schedules I have to do so twice.

So whilst I finding the Netatmo devices to be good, I have a much lower opinion of the ease of use of the IOS and Web Applications. I assume the Android App is essentially the same as the other two.

I assume basil never got a response to his originating post. Cynically, I wonder if anyone at Netatmo will ever read this.

Can NetAtmo Thermostat be controlled from Apple Home or from Alexa or from any other third party product in the manner we're seeking, I wonder?

Andy

Un4Seen

Post by Un4Seen » 06 Oct 2018, 22:13

I would also like to be able to copy entire schedules by duplication and then edit the copy.

stanikuz

Post by stanikuz » 28 Oct 2018, 17:52

It is available in iOS version inside of rename schedule feature.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 2x Weather Stations + 5x Additional Indoor Modules + 2x Rain Gauges + 2x Wind Gauges + 1x Home Coach
Security: 2x Welcome Cameras + 2x Presence Cameras + 1x Smoke Alarm
Energy: 4x Smart Valves with Relay + 1x Thermostat with Relay

basil

Post by basil » 13 Dec 2018, 20:35

Sitting here just now, Trying to plan for various Christmas guests and the change of use of rooms, it would be a great advert for Netatmo if I could copy and edit a schedule.
Rather disappointingly, it will be simpler to override and edit the existing schedule instead of creating several new ones from the beginning. Of course, I will forget and either waste heat or freeze a guest!

How about a Christmas present Netatmo, I cannot be the only person who would thank you?

Un4Seen

Post by Un4Seen » 14 Dec 2018, 06:40

Eh, Christmas present.. I've been asking them for this feature for one and a half year now... a lot of other features too... but they have their own agenda and what we want does not seem to matter that much :(

kozmix

Post by kozmix » 14 Nov 2019, 09:25

I'd love this feature as well! Should be fairly basic to implement, yet saves us a lot of time!

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”