Thermostat and ifttt

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
nlohmann

Thermostat and ifttt

Post by nlohmann »

Hi there,

are there any plans to also integrate the thermostat to the Netatmo channel at ifttt?

All the best,
Niels.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Thermostat and ifttt

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
The Thermostat is not sold in the USA, the probabilty to get IFTTT triggers adapted to our Thermostat is weak, but you still can ask them to add these features.
Thank you for your understanding.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Sowestar

Post by Sowestar »

Hi Brieuc,
Do you know if anything have changed since your last answer? Because we can find only the Nest thermostat on the ifttt chanel.
pvk

Post by pvk »

Dear Brieuc_Netatmo,

Does your answer means that you are already providing a public API that IFTTT could use to develop a chanel ?
Could anybody use that API ?
TypeC

Post by TypeC »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:The Thermostat is not sold in the USA, the probabilty to get IFTTT triggers adapted to our Thermostat is weak, but you still can ask them to add these features.

Thank you for your understanding.
I'm a bit surprised at this response, especially since you already have a relationship with IFTTT for the Weather Station. The request form for adding products to IFTTT is clearly aimed at the producer of the product and I'm not sure they'd take a request from a third party seriously (since cooperation of the manufacturer cannot then be guaranteed).

IFTTT obviously want as many interfaces as possible to make their product more usable, as, I would hope, do Netatmo. The form asks how many current users there are for the product, but not whether it's available in the USA. I don't see anything to suggest that US availability is necessary for what is, after all, a global service. One of their recent blog posts highlights availability of a Finnish product that hasn't even been released yet, more than a month on from the blog, whereas the Netatmo Thermometer already has an active user base.

It seems to me that Netatmo should be actively engaged in getting their product used and usable in as wide an array of scenarios as possible, not suggesting that users might want to try and telling them they have little hope of success. Since you already have an API you don't even need to do any work yourselves other than speak to IFTTT.

I don't currently use IFTTT. If I did, I'd probably now have a Honeywell or Nest thermostat, both of whose manufacturers have got their APIs interfaced with IFTTT. Please, apply yourselves. If you're knocked back, phone them up and ask what you can do to make it easier.
Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 »

The thermostat IFTTT is a much needed feature.

temperature , "out of the house" and "no ice" mode as both trigers and results

By example: if i put the thermostat on "out of the house" turn the alarm of

Notify me when the temperature in the room drops below XXX°c

the list is endless

please work on it!
Lo.Co

Post by Lo.Co »

I second the request! Being able to turn on heating while entering a geofence would be great
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
We're planning to make our Thermostat compatible with IFTTT in the next few months.
Thank you for your patience!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
aytek

Post by aytek »

Hi Brieuc, thanks for the update!
Looking forward to test IFTTT soon
TypeC

Post by TypeC »

That's great news. Thanks for getting it sorted.

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”