Netatmo thermostat and Apple HomeKit?

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo applications.
runemann

Netatmo thermostat and Apple HomeKit?

Post by runemann » 03 Jun 2015, 10:52

Ref. e.g. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... stems.html

will this affect the Netatmo thermostat - if anything? I guess your thermostat pretty much is a stand-alone and fully self-contained device, but is this Apple initiative still something that will affect you/Netatmo in any way?

Antoblq

Re: Netatmo thermostat and Apple HomeKit?

Post by Antoblq » 04 Nov 2015, 01:03

Is it working?! In my privacy home kit there aren't app...

aytek

Post by aytek » 12 Nov 2015, 08:12

What is this info in the help section?
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (113.53 KiB) Viewed 2117 times

runemann

Post by runemann » 14 Nov 2015, 16:08

I am not sure - as far as I understand the thermostat is not HomeKit compatible, so mentioning homekit in that message sound strange to me.

Btw. I have the Phillips Hue light system installed in my house, and the new HomeKit compatibility works well: I turn on and off different light "scenes" using voice/Siri. So this is an example of a case where Siri is very useful actually, I use it every day. Otherwise I am not sure what the new homekit stuff will or could do when it comes to other applications like the netatmo thermostat, weather station, and the welcome alarm package. Seems to me that homekit is a kind of philosophy about "integrating everything", but how that will work out in reality and for what purpose - maybe that remains to be seen. Using Siri to tell the thermostat change e.g. to shut down or make the temp. higher or lower - I am uncertain whether that is something I will make use of.

Today I use ifttt (you can setup recipes via ww.ifttt.com) to set the thermostat to "away" mode whenever I am move away from my house (geo-fencing, away from a certain area initiates the "set thermostat to away mode" rule). And reversely the thermostat is turned to "back to current schedule" when I approach the house. That is an example of a very useful thing; I don't have to think about anything and energy is saved automatically. I have testet those geofencing ifttt rules for some time now, and they work every time

Lezz

Post by Lezz » 30 Nov 2015, 10:58

I just got my thesmostat last friday, but it is indeed HomeKit compatible. Was the first thing I did after installing the thermostat :) As Runemann I also have the HomeKit compatible Hue lights. So if I say to Siri 'good night' all light turn off and the thermostat turns to 19 degrees celsius...

Lezz

Post by Lezz » 30 Nov 2015, 11:09

You can check your compatibility by the color of the led on the Relay. White is HomeKit compatible.
Last edited by Lezz on 30 Nov 2015, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

aytek

Post by aytek » 30 Nov 2015, 23:00

But still my thermostat is not upgraded with homekit enabled firmware. Some of us are still waiting... (you are lucky)

Dank

Post by Dank » 06 Dec 2015, 20:52

Is there going to be a firmware update for older units. If so any ideas when?

TypeC

Post by TypeC » 07 Dec 2015, 21:53

Dank wrote:Is there going to be a firmware update for older units. If so any ideas when?
Yes, one has been promised. "In the coming months" is all that has been said though.

Hindo

Post by Hindo » 09 Dec 2015, 20:03

One of my main concerns to buy this thermostat was its apple homekit integration. It has been taking a while. I am blessed with the blue lighted version of the relais and no updates so far.
Is there anyone from netatmo who can respond with a clear target date?

Return to “Thermostat iOS/Android/Web Application”